What string is the best

nebo

What experience have you mguys had with new bow string? What would you get and why? I want no strech and no creep bow string and cables.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09 AT 01:13PM (MST)[p]If you want minimal stretching I would go with 452x material. A couple of good custom string makers out there are Proline and H and M. A set will cost you about $45 from H and M and I think Proline is having a sell for $50 tyd. You can't go wrong with either.

Has anyone heard of World Best String? How about Winners Choice. I will look their sites up and see what they have.

Posted this in the Review forum - my last two bows have sported Bucknasty custom strings ([email protected]) and I am sold on them - a great string for a great price. However, Winner's Choice and Vapor strings also have a faithful following. I'd avoid Zebra if at all possible.

I have tried many of the custome string makesrs and have been blown away by the quality of Johns Custom Strings. He is out of Virginia and worth every penny.

I have had issues with winners choice that caused me problems on a hunt so never again. I would also look at vapor trial.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Yes World Best String's is suppose to be a very good custom built string. I got the name from another site and people say they are the best custom string out there. I just talked to the guy tonight and he will be making my soon. Great reviews on this string. I just wanted to see if anyone here has tried one or not. I'm surprised knowone here has used one. All other sites I visited have had people that have used and all will never use another string but his.

Glad I came across this post, since I am due for new string. Looked at their website and am impressed. I am going to look into it a little more.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

>Glad I came across this post,
>since I am due for
>new string. Looked at
>their website and am impressed.
> I am going to
>look into it a little
>more.
>
>--I'm looking for a man... who
>calls himself Bucho! That's all!
>And you had to do
>it, the hard way!--

Bucknasty is also very good and hard to beat. They make a good product also.

Do I dare google that to find more info.
:D

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

>What problem did you have with
>Winner's Choice? I have
>had several without problems and
>I was about to buy
>another.

Well For one I don't think they hold up as well as others strings mentioned and In 2007 I had one on my protec and in 3 months I tuned in twice before my hunts and when the hunt came My bow again started shooting terrible and the WC string had streched again so much that my came was at least a 1/4" out of time again. after that trip I bought a new H & M mid season and that string is still on my bow and I have yet to add one twist in it since. and the best part the H&M cost $40 for a set and we all know what WC cost

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

The key is to find a quality string maker who uses quality materials. Many of the custom makers use the same materials, so to say one is better than the other really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the string is well constructed - which is a given with most custom makers. I think some strings are way over priced for what you get - I try to find strings that have great materials, great construction, and are reasonably priced. Many of the strings mentioned above fit that bill, but I can't say that all listed above do.

>+2 on Bucknasty

Do you know how much psi does he strech his string? I'm talking about bucknasty strings and what material does he use?

hey alpine buy a mathews and that wont happen lol i have a winners choice on all of my bows and dads bows and we hunt all over in some nasty stufff and have never had one problem my dad just got back from alberta on a big horn hunt and it was -15 almost everyday and he has pics of his bow covered with snow and ice and never had one problem shot his ram at 62 yards and the rest is history winners choice all the way they might be more $$$ then others but you pay for what you get
THE A TEAM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom