What to do with 12 muley points?

DFG9200

I'm trying to be strategic on burning my various points. I'm starting with my 12 points in Colorado for mule deer. I'm beginning my research and figured I'd throw it out to all of you. I'm looking at 63, 17, 171. Any insight on these or any other units I should research would be appreciated. Specifically I'm looking for a backpacking hunt and prefer the alpine to sage and scrub oak. Thanks!

I don’t think there is a unit in Colorado worth that many years. That being said sounds like you have a list. I would chose the unit you can dedicate the most time into knowing.

Thanks for the input. Somehow the years slip by. Which is exactly why I'm starting with deer. There is no reason I should have this many points. Elk is another story.

I don’t think there is a unit in Colorado worth that many years. That being said sounds like you have a list. I would chose the unit you can dedicate the most time into knowing.
Thats my issue. I have lived in and hunted 37 for the last 27 years. I want somewhere new

with that many points as a resident, I'd probably look at one of the 3rd season tags in some of the better/lower units. Its a later hunt now and could be pretty cool... either way, good luck!

Well I’d definitely burn them and go hunting because there’s definitely nothing at this point worth building more points for. The high country hunts have definitely tanked from what they once were with the change in season dates and the lack there of when it comes to deer numbers. I’d personally look into a 3rd/4th season hunt. But if a early rifle, high country hunt is what you want to do is say go for it. Majority of them take 2 to 5 points to draw as a resident so 12 points will certainly get you in the game and then some.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom