What to do?

sniper14

So I've got a 26 foot bumper pull trailer, and I pull it with a duramax diesel. Truck seats 6. My wife just found out she is pregnant with triplets. Our family goes from 5 to 8. What can I use to pull the trailer that will have the power and room that we would need. I've considered a bus, but does anyone have any other ideas. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Does GM put a Duramax in a Suburban?
If not and your not apposed to it, get a Ford Excursion with a 7.3 Power Stroke, chip it, pipe it and enjoy your new "family wagon"

2003 Ford Excursion/Expedition with a 7.3 diesel, would be my first best guess.

Triplets means 3 carseats, so there goes the back seat. In the Excursion/Expedition you get a third seat, but it is tight for 3.

.....or put the older ones in the trailer with facebook, wifi, utube and Valium.....LOL!

There's a Company on the Wasatch that adds 2 more doors on certain vehicles!

Gonna be Spendy but so will Triplets!

3 times in one night huh?

from 5 to 8 kids....dude you need to control yourself!!! And you might as well get a bigger trailer...26' aint going to do it for much longer!! Oh and while your buying....go see a doc and buy yourself a snip job!!

>.....or put the older ones in
>the trailer with facebook, wifi,
>utube and Valium.....LOL!

LMFAO!!! Classic! :)

Congrat's and OMG all in one....one more and you will be able to field a baseball team :) Will surely make for some fun family times in the mountains. You might want to also consider just taking an additional vehicle on camping trips for a while if you are really happy with your existing vehicle or until you find something your happy with that seats everyone.

Try getting some sleep at night...opps...to late..

Congrat's Sniper :)

))))------->

I just strap them to the roof! You couldnt pry my dead cold hands off my Duramax. I have 5 kids and we all "squish"! As far as an Excursion as long as its not the 6.0 you will be fine.

Now I'm not from Utah so I don't understand the math over there but as I understand the situation triplets will add three kids to the family and therefore the FAMILY will grow from 5 to 8. I don't thihnk he has 5 kids already. Just 3. Again I may not be clear on the Mormon Math.

Math... if it was easy it would be your mom.

Maybe he and his wife are very young and could be considered kids themselves. If they are from Utah then its not that far fetched.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-12 AT 08:47AM (MST)[p]You could always get a vasectomy...A little late now,though!Sounds like you and your wife don't have any problem pro-creating!Triplets this time...what will it be next time??

Sounds like you might need a bigger trailer as well!

Horny little buggers aren't ya... :) But here's an option.

3219redneck_limo_camper.jpg

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

This is most likely the easiest thing to do. Turbo diesel excusion. Mine got 20 to 23 miles to the gallon around town with my wife driving. When my boys would drive it would drop down to 18 mpg. But thats not bad. It had everything done to it and it hauls .
742trailer2.jpg

Or you can go with this ? I think they look awesome ! But my family has gotten smaller so a four door truck does fine for us now. I had the same problem when my kids where younger. We had to have the extra seats.
1241102021.jpeg

How much does it cost to add extra doors to your truck. Three door truck pretty sweet. No more kids for us. 4 kids would have been great but triplets are the hand we have been delt.

Another option to consider is a Suburban with an 8.1 liter gas enginer. I use one to tow our 26' TT and it tows great. The 6.0 liter would also sufice, but the 8.1 is a lot more power and the same gas mileage. They don't make the 8.1 anymore so it would have to be a used vehicle

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

+1 for the 7.3L Excursion, great motor and nice vehicle. An 8.1 Burb would be good too. I have heard of companies doing Duramax swaps into Surburbans so i would look into that if you really like your Dmax, that would be a sweet ride.

Sniper this is way funny because I'm in the same boat. Our first child was a girl and then we had triplet boys. My boys are now six years old so the family could still fit in a four door truck. Well now my wife is having another boy and it's due the week of her rifle deer hunt(she'll do about anything to get out of hunting).

So now I'm getting ready to trade in the truck and was going to do a 7.3 Excursion, but since it will be my wifes daily driver I'm going to get her an Expedition instead. Diesels don't make great around town commuters.

Since she messed up another good hunt for me, I'm thinking of getting back at her by buying a new Boss Mustang for my daily driver;)

Oh I forgot to add, you have no idea how your life is about to change. It will be the hardest three years of your life and forget sleep for the next two years.

But if you need a shoulder to cry on send me a pm. Seriously you are about to get your arse kicked harder by those three babies than you've ever experienced in your life.

Hope it all goes well and they are healthy. I hope you have good insurance because expect them to spent some time in Nicu when they are born. Our total bill was about $350,000 but it was covered by insurance.

yeah i think u will have to get a diesel excursion, maybe a motorhome?! bahahah triplets!!! wowser! well congrats and best of luck to you! hope it all turns out ok!

7.3 Excursions are hard to find anymore and the ones you do find will have 3 million miles on them, trust me I looked and I'm in the car buisness.

Certain Expeditions will seat 8 and it will pull your trailer. I will check at my Ford dealer but they might be putting the ecoboost motor in the new Expeditions. You need to do some research on that ecoboost. It is an amazing motor. Alot of the Expeditiond have captains chairs in the second row but you can find or order one that seats three in the second row. I was in a similar situation as I have 6 kids as well. I bought an 07 expedition with the center bench. It seats 8 nicely and I have no doubt it would pull a 26' trailer. Maybe not real well up a hill but it will pull it. Chevy does not make a suburban with a duramax but you can get them in 8 passenger. The trade of for 4x4 and 8 passenger is going to be gas. You're going to drop some coin on gas, no getting around it. Its unfortunate that Ford stopped making the Excursion because that would be the best option. You might get lucky and find an 80k-100k Excursion but you will pay out the nose and it will be hard to get financing for it. As a matter of fact it will be nearly impossible to find financing for it. Unless of course you have 25k laying around or own your Duramax.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

You think your are going to have time to go camping???

4 hours feeding a day
5 hours changing diapers a day
3 hours putting them to bed a day
Sleep, and start over.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom