what was your funest shot at the bird

Funnest one was the one where I didn't have to wait 45 minutes to shoot some foam!! Felt like disneyland @ 8500'.

On a serious note....I liked the skinny bedded bull on the Elite course. Busted 4 arrows....one at the bedded ram shortly after that bull.

All of the smoker targets were a blast, especially the deer off the cliff.
The wait at the elite course on Saturday kind of sucked but it was still awesome.
Did good on Saturday and didn't give the mountain a single arrow...but Sunday was another animal, my tired a$$ ended up giving up 4 arrows (1 on the smoker, damn cougar at 70 yds and 3 on the elite).

That's what I get for being out of shape.

Thanks to those at bowcast for putting it on. Best 3d shoot I've ever been too.

The bedded elk downhill at 47 yards or something on the elite course was probably my favorite.

Rather enjoyed watching the 6 guys in front of us lose four arrows on the bedded uphill ram shot.

Didn't lose an arrow but that may have been do to the fact that I had 45 minutes to study each target before shooting it.

Funnest shot was at the deer down the super steep hill......Realistic shot. I shot all the courses. We did the Smoker course after hours. I went through everything and didn't loose an arrow until the last 3 targets of the day. The cougar in the rocks, then the target by the river, and the 100 yard elk. Lost 4 arrows on those 3. My buddy, Adam, and I were beat. Long day. Fun though.

I didn't get any pics, but here's a little video. I wanted to do a webcast/podcast, but forgot the freshly charged battery at home and so this is all that I got. Does show the deer down the hill and a little more of the fun.

http://www.monsterhuntclips.com/video/909/Bowcast-at-the-Bird-2010

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

That mule deer on the smoker round was actually at a 48 degree pitch. It was an awesome shot!!!!!!!!!

The final 95 yard shot at the elk on the smoker round was my favorite...I bore easily with close shots at foam so it was nice to finally launch at a distance.

~Z~

My favorite shot was the bedded sheep on the elite course. Smoked it! I lost 4 arrows on the easier course and didnt lose any on the elite.

Just about every shot on the Smoker round was fun but my favorite was the last target of the smoker - the elk at 97 yards. Had to back pin and still got a money kill shot (luck).

The bedded elk on the elite course was pretty sweet too.

Managed to come home with the same arrows I started with. Watched 3 people in my smoker round group toast both arrows they took on that round. Felt fortunate to have not met the same fate.

Had a great time. I think the elite course could have been split into 2 small courses to break up the wait, but that's just my 2 cents

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom