What would you do with 3 pref points?

A

AJAX

Long time NR CO elk hunter would like to know your opinion. I've done my research, put in my time scouting several units and I'm still undecided. I'm More than proficient with bow/mz/rifle. I was thinking units 20,49, 57 or 66. I thought I would get some opinions. Thanks for any positive input.

Units 49 or 66 are good choices, in that order. Never hunted either, but 49 has lots of elk and some dandy good bulls. Have to hunt off road to find them though.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have a nr 66 archery tag this year. I hunted the first 10 days of the season and it was tough. I saw a few good bulls but mostly cows and moose. I am going back up this weekend to give it one last shot.

Thanks for the info. Sorry I did not respond quickly. Spent last weekend chasing gemsbock (oryx) on WSMR.

I used to hunt 49 when I lived on the front range took a few young bulls there and I have family that still do very will there.Hunted east side of buffilo peaks and have seen a few BIG bulls,none of us ever took one but big antlers wasn't our goal ,we almost always fill our tags there.I now hunt 66 and am very pleased with that unit always see bulls and a few big ones (300+)big for me any ways.I like the east end , La Garita & Powderhorn wilderness the major pack trails get a lot of use from the outfitters so hunt between them but I know people who hunt the alpine plateu and the very southwest corner along unit 76 boundry and they are pleased with those areas too!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom