Whats with the NRA?

AZhunter

I just got my "gift" for renewing my NRA membership. It's a knife with the blade boldly stamped CHINA! Having a real hard time with the fact that the NRA doesnt support and promote American jobs. OUtsourcing for a cheaper product just makes the NRA look cheap. Does this disgust anybody else?

The China thing bothers me, But the new Chuck Norris NRA comercial makes up for it! I saw it on the outdoor channel today during Noslers Magnum TV.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I requested that I receive no "gift" for my renewal. I prefer that they save the money for the gift and use it towards fighting fom my firearm rights.
Maybe you should have thought about doing the same and you would not have felt offended.

RELH

NO! I don't join for the gift. And I didn't get one either, guess I didn't work a good enough deal.

BUT I usually join annually. Last summer I joined for 5 years. And got a call 5 of the next 7 Saturdays asking for more money due to the latest scare. Finally someone, maybe from MM, told me to have them put me on their no call list. Like clockwork they called the followin week. I asked to be put on their "No Call List." No calls in the last 3-4 months.

I always have and always will support the NRA but enough was enough. Enough I thought about not joining em anymore. Just FYI to those that may be experiencing this.

They never call me, I never give them my Ph number. Always tell them to keep the gift, I don't need a Chinese knife.

The calls do get old! I've been a member since I was a kid. Pay a year at a time. I also request no gift. And, yes it does bother me that they waste money on pelosi made in china.
Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

I would prefer that they use my money fighting for our rights. Unfortunately I was asked if I wanted the "gift". I renewed on one of their many calls. It won't stop me from supporting the NRA but I do wish more people would let them know how they feel about the NRA buying Chinese. The next time they call you can bet I will be put on the No Call list.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-10 AT 08:06AM (MST)[p]This is the umpteenth post on the NRA performing bad practices. Don't you think they turn away as many people as they gain? Sure they have a good cause but it seems to me it's more of a money issue for them and they are going to get a few bucks from you at any cost. The 2A fight is one of those things that will always and forever be an issue so it's a sure money maker as long as we're all alive. Buying from China is probably the most hypocritical thing they could do. I doubt they got those $2 knives for free. Hysteria can also sell a few memberships or bigger donations. If the NRA was overhauled I would probably join. Another attraction would be getting an American made product and pay a little extra for it. Maybe RELH could make the knives instead.

I did see where the NRA and the Brady crew gave BO an F on gun control. So basically both extremes aren't happy which makes me very happy. Perfect!!!

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article/brady_campaign_and_nra_agree_give_obama_f_on_gun_issue/C41/L41/

I have been a member for the last 25 years and will be for the rest of my life. The calls can get annoying but I usually ante up a few times a year.I think we need someone out there fighting for our gun rights and our kids rights when we're gone.
The anit's have some deep pockets and are just as far to the left as we are to the right. The problem is you can't negoiate with the anti's because they always want more.

I prefer to renew every year as in the long run they will get more money. I even passed up the offer of them knocking off 400 bucks to get a life time membership.
As for the phone calls, I do not get them as I never have given them my phone number.
Instead of wasting money on cheap gifts and mailers, I would prefer to see them set up accounts with various sporting goods outlets where a customer could add a buck or two for the NRA when they make a purchase from that business. Midway and Brownells have that type of account and I always add 1-5 bucks to my order for the NRA. They have given several million to the NRA that way over the years.
I am a very strong supporter of the NRA, but I even get a little putout with their constant mailers.
As for making the knives for the NRA, Zigga is such a cheap Adam Henry, that is the only way he would get one of my knives and would be the only reason he would join the NRA.

RELH

I don't agree with all of the policies, nor do agree with all other groups I support. However, I do agree with a lot of what they do and am convinced they do help us.

I will continue to support them. I have a lot more things to worry about than a cheap knife........

Zigga:

Is there anything in this world that you do like???

I think all of the people that support these organizations fell the same way as us and dont need a gift to give them money so why dont we take it upon ourselves and tell them to keep the money and not buy chineese knives so more goes to the cause. Just an idea.

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

10 cent gift to get a $25 membership is a small price to pay. Yea the China thing bothers me to, but I cannot put in the time to fight for gun rights that they can.

NRA does some damn fine work for us. If you own a gun and like it, you should join.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-10 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p]>I don't agree with all of
>the policies, nor do agree
>with all other groups I
>support. However, I do
>agree with a lot of
>what they do and am
>convinced they do help us.
>
>
>I will continue to support them.
> I have a lot
>more things to worry about
>than a cheap knife........
>
>Zigga:
>
>Is there anything in this world
>that you do like???

I guess you could say I don't like the extremes. But you probably already knew that about me. I'm extremely moderate in most everything.

" I guess you could say Idon't like the extremes. but you probably already knew that about me. I'm extremely moderate in most everything."

Would that be the politically correct way of saying you sit on the fence and fall to the side where the wind happen to blow you that time around?

RELH

>" I guess you could say
>Idon't like the extremes. but
>you probably already knew that
>about me. I'm extremely moderate
>in most everything."
>
> Would that be
>the politically correct way of
>saying you sit on the
>fence and fall to the
>side where the wind happen
>to blow you that time
>around?
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

LMAO

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

If you own a gun, you damn well better belong to the NRA or the state sponsored equivalent.

Otherwise, you are riding on someone elses dime.

All you have to do is look at KA to see what shape our gun rights would be in without the NRA.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom