What's Your Favorite Hunting Show

R

RaghornHS

I was just watching "Best of the West" which is a good show but, I'm just not a big fan of long range shooting. On this show the guy killed a moose at 890 yards. Just my opinion but, I don't think it's very sporting. It certainly requires great skill, don't get me wrong, I just don't care for it in a hunting setting.

So...my favorite show vote goes to...Western Extreme. I really like Jim Burnworth because he puts on a great show and loves what he does, regardless of the size of the snimal!

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]
http://raghornhs.blogspot.com

I'm a huge fan of long range shooting but I don't want this to be turned into an ethical argument. I like Eastman's and Jim Shockey when he hunts bear and moose.

It's always an adventure!!!

I'm an archery hunter but, I love Jim Shockey.

Great entertainment and very well done.

Second choice is Bowhunting TV with Fred Eichler.

On Your Own Adventures, any Eastman's show where Nate Simmons is hunting.

I'm not a fan of Western Extreme. In fact one episode that really turned me off featured the host shooting a forked horn at 1000 yards with a .50 Cal.

Powderhorn Outfitters has some great episodes as well.

100% hands down Jimmy Big Time. That show is just to funny. Can't get enough of it.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

I'm kinda sick of almost all of them...Tired of the reinactments ...

A while back ago someone (Forkwest I believe,correct me if I'm wrong) posted a vid he made while backpacking for muleys and his camp got ransacked by bears...Anyway that vid was better than most shows I have seen for a long time...Good stuff!!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

KingCrow - I didn't see the episode where he killed a forkie at 1000 yards. That does suck.

I also have to admit that I have never seen On Your Own Adventures. I'll have to check that out.

Shockey was on this morning hunting Marco Polo sheep. He is a great hunter/host and puts on a darn good show. He said at the end that, had he had 6 months to hunt those sheep, he would have done so with his smokepole. He is a cowboy. Gotta love the guy for that!

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]
http://raghornhs.blogspot.com

With the tivo/dvr world its easy to get burned out on huntinhg shows. I'm not a bow hunter but I like Relentless Pursuit. Tim Wells doesn't take himself too seriously and his production quality is great. I'm also a big Shockey fan.

Don't much like Steve Scott's shows, too much re-enacting. Ray Bunning that hunts with Burnworth has the personality of a piece of firewood.

My favorite is Jim Shocky, also will watch Eastman's show and Jim Zumbo... and of course uncle TED!!

>With the tivo/dvr world its easy
>to get burned out on
>huntinhg shows. I'm not
>a bow hunter but I
>like Relentless Pursuit. Tim
>Wells doesn't take himself too
>seriously and his production quality
>is great. I'm also
>a big Shockey fan.
>
>Don't much like Steve Scott's shows,
>too much re-enacting. Ray
>Bunning that hunts with Burnworth
>has the personality of a
>piece of firewood.

Don't be so hard on firewood, that's how I warm my house all winter. I can't stand Ray or his buddy Burnsworth either but that's just me.

My favorites are Shockey's show and Boddington's tracks across africa.

I think this favorite show question comes up around here at least once a month.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom