What's your plan July 13?

hossblur

Long Time Member
**TRIGGER WARNING**

Flatbrimmers, the following subject has references you may not understand, or concepts that seem foreign. It's not us boomers speaking old timer code

I'm old enough to remember before a certain lobby group "saved the mule deer", when deer tags went on sale at midnight. In truth it was kind of fun hanging out in Walmart all night, similar to camping out for concert tickets(minus the big haired girlfriend and making out for hours straight).

So, after the division saw in their wisdom to take a tag buying process from the vendors, where it worked well, and spread out traffic, and force everyone onto their server, which of course crashed, what's your plan?

Our camp discussed meeting for breakfast, along with all our computers. My boys think we should all sleep over at grandpa's the night before.

Last year I sat on the server for hours, hoping to get an elk tag, while I was waiting to go into surgery to have a broken foot reconstructed. I was able to buy it right before I went into the OR. My surgeon is a family friend of ours and he told me when I came out of surgery that he had the server pulled up on the computer in the OR and had his assistants keep an eye on it throughout the surgery so he could get a tag too. We both ended up with tags and I ended up with some hardware in my foot. Kind of a win win in the end.

Last year our group was rexting back and forth and getting kicked out of server. I finally ended up getting 11 of us elk tags. Hopefully this year goes better, but be about the same. On server, getting a few tags and texting back and forth to check on the rest of the hunting group.

Last year I sat on the server for hours, hoping to get an elk tag, while I was waiting to go into surgery to have a broken foot reconstructed. I was able to buy it right before I went into the OR. My surgeon is a family friend of ours and he told me when I came out of surgery that he had the server pulled up on the computer in the OR and had his assistants keep an eye on it throughout the surgery so he could get a tag too. We both ended up with tags and I ended up with some hardware in my foot. Kind of a win win in the end.
And you ended up paying for his tag so it was a win win for him.?

I did not play the game last year because I had a deer tag but thus I don't have a deer tag so I will be playing the game.
I got a question for you guys that played last year.
How many permits can you purchase when you get logged on?

As Many as the DWR Will Sell You!

You Got Money!

They Got Tags!

I did not play the game last year because I had a deer tag but thus I don't have a deer tag so I will be playing the game.
I got a question for you guys that played last year.
How many permits can you purchase when you get logged on?

I will be trying my luck on an elk tag this year. Thinking about a multi season spike tag. I haven't bought an elk tag since 2017, I didnt buy it until aug 29th that year, granted it was an archery tag. The kid that worked the register thought i was a little crazy buying a tag that late in the game. Too bad any weapon tags aren't available like that any more. My first deer tag in 1993 was bought at the grocery store in gunnison the day before the hunt started, while driving to the unit. Oh the Good old days.

Its post like this that drive up the demand.

That said with essentially an extra 5000 tags up for grabs I dont think it will be as big a cluster as last year.

Are they only doing online sells again????

Ohh, and my plan is to buy a tag, it is what it is, but as long as you know the game you won't miss out.

I Was Hoping Hossy Would Rent The HOOTERS Cafe For Friends that Night?

I'm About Sure there'd Be Some Late Phone Calls!

So, what you,‘re all saying is there is no ”general season any bull” hunt in Utah? Is it hard to get the general season spike bull tags?

So, what you,‘re all saying is there is no ”general season any bull” hunt in Utah? Is it hard to get the general season spike bull tags?
No, its really not hard to get the anybull tags either, you just might have to log in and stay online for a little while. They are first come first serve so if you try and dont put it off you will get your tag. Last year they sold out in 8 hours. Every year before that they didn't sell out for a couple weeks or longer.

Spike tags lasted for a week or two last year, if not longer.

I think last year had more to do with the rush than the demand. That, and a lot of non essentials with nothing better to do all day. Another 2500 tags this year would help except lots of guys didn’t get a deer tag so who knows?

I think last year had more to do with the rush than the demand. That, and a lot of non essentials with nothing better to do all day. Another 2500 tags this year would help except lots of guys didn’t get a deer tag so who knows?
2500 plus the extra 2-3000 youth that will not go against the quota this year. so they really raised it by about 5000 tags.

I didn’t realize the youth tags wouldn’t count toward the quota. So your saying maybe I won’t be number 56,000 in line when I log in at 10 am like last year?

I didn’t realize the youth tags wouldn’t count toward the quota. So your saying maybe I won’t be number 56,000 in line when I log in at 10 am like last year?
Only 56,000???? I was 164,000 after getting kicked out and logging back in one time. I got the screen shot to prove it to lol.

534CF2F1-307C-446A-86CD-FA19AC2F5BF5.png

The numbers were crazy but off. It took me about 40 minutes of waiting from this point until I bought a tag

Didn’t they also change it multiple days of of OTC sale dates? Spike tags go on sale a different day than any bull?

Thanks Jake, I hadn’t seen that. Good news all the way around, maybe it won’t be such a fuster cluck this year?

If they sell out again in the first few hours. I'll be supporting the idea of going to a draw. It's not right for those with the fastest servers and computers arethe ones getting all the tags.

Last edited:
If they sell out again in the first few hours. I'll be supporting the idea of going to a draw. It's not right for those with the fastest servers and computers arethe ones getting all the tags.
I support that only if it’s 100% random. NO PREFERENCE/BONUS points.

and keep the archery tags unlimited, OTC.

I support that only if it’s 100% random. NO PREFERENCE/BONUS points.

and keep the archery tags unlimited, OTC.
with preference points you would be assured a tag every two or three years. Random, you may go 5 or 10 years without a tag.

with preference points you would be assured a tag every two or three years. Random, you may go 5 or 10 years without a tag.
You sure? Cuz they give less elk tags than they do general deer tags and the point creep for the general deer tags is getting really bad. I don’t see the elk being any better

You sure? Cuz they give less elk tags than they do general deer tags and the point creep for the general deer tags is getting really bad. I don’t see the elk being any better
Less people are interested in elk hunting every year like they do on the deer hunt.

any bull elk multi-season. I haven't seen a date for it in the regs, I must have missed it.
The multi season hunts are the same as the general any bull, and spike bull. They go on sell the same time as each. So depending on which tag you want, "any bull" or "spike" the multi season goes on sell the same time.

But to answer your question July 13th is when the any bull multi season tags go on sell.

The multi season hunts are the same as the general any bull, and spike bull. They go on sell the same time as each. So depending on which tag you want, "any bull" or "spike" the multi season goes on sell the same time.

But to answer your question July 13th is when the any bull multi season tags go on sell.
Thanks

Not sure urban kids these days are getting into hunting as much. I remember when I was a kid half the school was missing. Now days if your kids a hunter they are in the minority. Bigger the city obviously

Not sure urban kids these days are getting into hunting as much. I remember when I was a kid half the school was missing. Now days if your kids a hunter they are in the minority. Bigger the city obviously
Yes they are. Who do you think keeps Hushin in business or who makes up 90% of the flatbrim army?

I say Richfield utah??
It’s expanded far beyond that unfortunately. I was in a Walmart in southern wyoming not long ago. I spotted 3 hushin flattys and a hushin T in just a single visit! You’d have thought you were standing in line to the hunt expo and not the check out with all the representation that was there.

It’s expanded far beyond that unfortunately. I was in a Walmart in southern wyoming not long ago. I spotted 3 hushin flattys and a hushin T in just a single visit! You’d have thought you were standing in line to the hunt expo and not the check out with all the representation that was there.
Those guys in Walmart are from ut visiting wy!

Those guys in Walmart are from ut visiting wy!
I know for a fact one of them was from wyoming, I watched him climb into a big white dodge flatbed with wyoming plates, that on the back window, you guessed it, a mtn ops sticker. The others did look like utards.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom