Where are the bucks?

CouesFanatic

Iv'e been searching for some bucks over the weekend and can't seem to find any. we've benn able to glass up alot of does but not any bucks. Are they generally higher than the does this time of year, or are they just in more rugged terrain?

I saw bucks with the does up high (in the same drainages anyway) and way out in the flats by themselves. I saw very few bucks on the middle of the mountain. After the first hunt the deer are going to be in places they didn't get shot at. I would think thick mesquite flats, rugged canyons one or two ridges from the road and catclaw thickets.
Hope that helps
Bret Mattausch

I seemed to find the bucks on one hillside and the does on another. Maybe this was just coincidence, but the bucks are still running together and when I found bucks, it was always more than one together, and the does were together. I found deer up on top as well as down on the flats, so no particular spot........ Thanks, Allen......

Ok, thanks it sounds like i just need to keep looking in the same general area maybe a little higher. I'll find a group of bucks soon. Im going crazy waiting to get out again.
Coues

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom