Where do you shoot your rifle near Bountiful, UT?

U

uteman801

Can any of you point me in a direction to a place/range where I can shoot my rifle 500-600 yards for target practice. I recently moved to Davis county and looking for somewhere convenient and not too far away. Where's my best/closest area? Most ranges that I've come across only allow up to 200 yards. Any advice would be appreciated!

The best "long range" range I know of is south of Price. It is awesome, but a heck of a long drive for most of us. (North Springs)
I do think there are some up north but I don't know where.
I wish there were places closer to the Wasatch Front.

Me and Da Warden go out south of Snowville to Wildcat Mnt. and set-up targets from 300 to 600 yards driving in....

Me with the T/C Pro Hunter 7mag. her with her RMEF 30.06....

Every now and then a Jack Rabbit runs out----bye-bye Mr. Bunny! ha

Robb

Zack---

Have ya been giving those guys with the N.Cache bow Bull LE tag some of your intel from your hunt?

They certainly need ya man!!

Robb

North Springs shooting range South of price is amazing! You would not be disappointed if you go there and even if it'sa couple hours away you will go back. Luckily for me I love in price

>. Luckily for
>me I love in price
>

I did that once and had to have a series of painful shots! LOL
Zeke

Both Spirit Ridge (Tremonton) and North Springs (Price) are both excellent facilities. Regarding Spirit Ridge you need at least four shooters. You travel via ATV (bring your own or rent from them) to multiple shooting stations that are placed in real hunting type terrain. Each station has a covered area on cement slabs with tables. You shoot from single benches in front of the tables. They have life size metal animal targets from 200 to 1000 yards. Each animal has a ?gong? located in a cut out over vital area. They provide a guide with a spotting scope. The cost (couple of years ago) was $40.00 per person. You should plan on at least two boxes to complete the course that takes two - three house to completed. You need to call them to arrange for a ?tee? time as they call this rifle golf. You will understand once you get there.

North Springs also is an excellent facility. They are open year round (they don't get that much snow at the site) with heaters in the shooting bay areas. They have both a 600 and 1000 yard range located under cover on cement. Each shooting station is a cement bench. As well, they have a pistol, shotgun and archery ranges. They charge a nominal fee - to pay for the paint cans. They provide you with a golf cart to travel to and from the targets. They have a lot of competitive shoots there so you should call ahead to make sure the course is not closed on the day you wish to go there. North Springs is a County facility that was/is paid for by the royalties that the County receives from the oil companies. They have a full time manager that lives on site.

Given that you live in Davis County Spirit Ridge would be closer for you.

Have fun!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-14 AT 07:20PM (MST)[p]
There are 22 million acres of BLM public land or 42% of Utah's total land area. Unless there is a wild fire restriction in place,
feel free to set up a temporary range on any of those lands,,, they belong to you after all.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom