Where everyone put in?

I will bite...

Should draw unit 21 second season deer tag...
Elk should get a point unless pretty lucky...
Antelope and goat - points
Moose and sheep - what are the odds anyway?

Hopefully I can draw New Mexico elk or I will be helping people out, which is just fine by me.

77,78,771 third
71,711 third
should draw the first choice, then again you just never know, ute, do you have any suggestions where I could find a good buck up there, please PM me thanks, nmbighorn

My Dad, brother, and myself all put in for Colorado deer.

I put in for D-M-021-o4-R. I have 3 points and I think I am a lock to get it this year! Colorado here I come!!!!! I can't wait until the first of June!

My Dad has 11 points and he put in for D-M-070-o2-R so I think he might draw also.

My brother has 9 points and he put in for D-M-018-o3-R. I think he has a chance, but it might take him a couple more years to draw. That is OK, he can help me out in unit 21!!!!

There are no 4th season tags for unit 21 - and 2nd & 3rd seasons take at least 6 PP for a non-res. You must mean a different unit.

Should finally draw a lope tag in unit 88 with 9pts. Anyone willing to share some info on the unit, feel free to send me a pm :)

Deer & Elk - collecting more pp's and hunting second choice or left over tags.

Good luck in the draw...

LOL - couldn't have planned that better.... Lope in 88, with my 88th post

My group dumped our points (9 pts NR) on unit 62 1st rifle. The point creep is 1 point a year for NN and will continue for the next 5 years based on the new plan.

We just decided to quit waiting and start hunting else where after this year if we don't draw where we want. That will make the Res. happy but will probably not make DOW happy.

>My Dad, brother, and myself all
>put in for Colorado deer.
>
>
>I put in for D-M-021-o4-R.
>I have 3 points and
>I think I am a
>lock to get it this
>year! Colorado here I
>come!!!!! I can't wait
>until the first of June!
>
>
>My Dad has 11 points and
>he put in for D-M-070-o2-R
>so I think he might
>draw also.
>
>My brother has 9 points and
>he put in for D-M-018-o3-R.
> I think he has
>a chance, but it might
>take him a couple more
>years to draw. That
>is OK, he can help
>me out in unit 21!!!!
>
Top 3 reasons your a dumbass:

#1 There is no 4th season unit 21 tag. It takes a min. of 9 Res. points to draw the 3rd season tag and 14 for nonres.

#2 It takes 0 res.points and 1 non-res point to draw the unit 70 2nd rifle tag.

#3 It takes ZERO points to get the unit 18 3rd rifle tag.

Its guys like you that burn up a ##### ton of points on tags that hardley take any points to draw and ruin the draw odds for everyone else. DO YOUR RESEARCH!

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Born 2 hunt, do you really think 2-point put in for those tags. Jeezus, you need to lighten up, HE'S JOKING!
BTW I put in for the Ute reservation. I'M JOKING! Nothing but points for me, archery hunt otc units.

I guess some of you guys missed the Internal Memo that CDOW put out April 6th at 11:00pm--

"Due to the high buck numbers in unit 21 we have authorized an emergency 4th season buck hunt for the unit. Application deadline is April 6th 11:59pm"

It is all about who you know. haha

I did put in, but I am not telling where or I will hear: "You spent 3 points on a unit which usually only takes two? Idiot!" hahahaha

All in fun guys. Hope you all draw (unless it is the unit I applied for).

Went 62 3rd season. Wonder how many million other people jumped on the 3rd season bandwagon...

hybrid deer and elk. deer unit 10 4th, elk unit 2 mzl. that will make 7 points for each when i dont draw.

Deer unit 30 - 2nd season
Elk unit 10 - archery
Lope unit 2/201 - rifle
Sheep unit 53 - rifle

13 points for all but deer (3).

Elk...unit 10 early rifle...11 pts...have a chance in the 5 pt. luck draw

Buck...unit 54...no chance...hope the computer screws up and sends me a tag 3rd season,other wise just a pt.

Good Luck to all
Jim

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Elk, CO - GMU 76, 2nd
Elk, CO - will apply B list - Sangres private land
Elk, CO - will apply SLV damage control

Moose - 76

Goat - point

Sheep - point

Pronghorn, CO - point
Pronghorn, WY - unit 26

Deer, SW Kansas, whitetail only
Deer, CO - point

I put in for a PP for deer and unit 18 3rd as my second choice.
Elk 76 2nd, but will probably buy a OTC bull tag and hunt middle park. 2nd choice 851 Bos Del Oso cow tag.
Pronghorn - PP
Sheep - S22
Goat - G09
Moose - S76
Bear - PP

Good luck in the draws and enjoy your spring/summer.

Leonard

3rd season, 68, same as always.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Hunted Colorado 1st rifle for elk last year. 1st time out of state and 1st time Elk hunting. Need to see the dr.; have come down with elk fever BAD. Unable to get to Colorado this year; put in for points for both deer and elk.

Phil 4:13

>I guess some of you guys
>missed the Internal Memo that
>CDOW put out April 6th
>at 11:00pm--
>

I think they must have also missed the memo that Ute is always fishing for the "best" unit to use his special permits on.

And I am like the first reply: You first.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hopefully I'll see you there CAelknuts, helped a friend in'08 on the 3rd Season in 53 and hoping for my chance this year.

>>I guess some of you guys
>>missed the Internal Memo that
>>CDOW put out April 6th
>>at 11:00pm--
>>
>
>I think they must have also
>missed the memo that Ute
>is always fishing for the
>"best" unit to use his
>special permits on.

Hahaha, that's great.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-10 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]king crow how did you guys do? I put in 533rd with 6 nr points hope I draw.

Well I put in for unit 75 muzzle loader and 2nd was 75 archery. OTC elk archery like I do every year. I was trying to be nice and see if where everybody was putting in. I dont need u guys for help I will find a hodad u guys will see and get sad like always. haha

Unit 44 4th season....13 points I went all in this year hopefully it will pay off. Any info is appreciated. Good luck fellars.

Unit 21 2nd season with 14 NR points. With it going 'til the 14th they oughta be ruttin' by then!

Bocephus, did you put in for 44- 4th last year with 12 points or did you apply somewhere else, or possibly buy a point?
Nonresident?

Bomber, I was chasing a 21 third season tag for a long time. I got tired of waiting for a hunt that seams to be the land of the 160-170" bucks, so this year I went 44 4th season. Eagle county has produced some giants, I know it may be a little soon with the die off, but I am an archery hunter and want to be able to start to apply for some archery units. Hopefully 44 will pan out to be a good rut-rifle hunt for me , if I draw.... Non-Resident

Me and two buddy's put in for 76 early rifle with 15 non res. points. I know that reading the forums here it is somewhat controversial. I have been following rocketmans pictures over the past couple of years, and the place looks beautiful.
Gary

>Well I put in for unit
> 75 muzzle loader and
>2nd was 75 archery. OTC
>elk archery like I do
>every year. I was trying
>to be nice and see
>if where everybody was putting
>in. I dont need u
>guys for help I will
>find a hodad u guys
>will see and get sad
>like always. haha

And that kind of attitude is why you will never get real help here. Go ahead and laugh it up. I know you are young, but hopefully you will realize someday that real respect comes with respect for yourself and others. From where I am sitting, you don't really have respect for either.

You can take this post one of two ways: as a diss from someone you don't know or care about. Or from a guy who has been around the block for 52 years and hopefully has learned a thing or two in the real world.

Believe it or not, I hope you kill a wall hanger next year. good hunting!

By the way, why would you want to shoot a wannabe surfer? LOL.

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-10 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-10 AT 09:27?PM (MST)

U should read your own words give respect to get it man. All u have done is bash me all the time u must not like me for some reason dont know why. But hope u have a good year also.

>U should read your own words
>give respect to get it
>man. All u have done
>is bash me all the
>time u must not like
>me for some reason dont
>know why. But hope u
>have a good year also.
>

You know what, you are right, I have said some things about your posts that I shouldn't have, and I apologize. That stops now. But you are wrong, I don't dislike you. I don't even know you so how could I like or dislike you? I have disliked some of your posts. As far as WHY I (and others) might not like some of your posts, I think you DO know why. Just think about it.

So you can continue on your same course and pretty much guarantee that most people here won't give you the time of day. Or chose another way/style and probably get just as much attention and MUCH more help. I have friends all over Colorado that I have developed through "the net". Some have taken me to some of their public honey holes to hunt. One is going to put me on a 2000 acre private ranch this year with some really nice animals on it.

But to me it is more than just killing a big animal. It is about developing friendships along the way. And helping other people out feels pretty good too. Again, just think about it.

No matter what you do, there will always be people on the net who diss you for one reason or another. Learn to ignore them, they are just trying to get a response from you. But from this point on, I will not be one of them.

Good hunting!

txhunter58

I put in for the units around Dolores for a muzzy deer and elk tag

txhunter58

Unit 18, 3rd season.
"Party" of 6.....and I use that term loosley. It's a hoot!

Caught it 8 out of 10 years.

2nd season only goes to oct 31, 3rd season goes to the 14th of nov, but you wouldnt draw it with 14 points anyways. Hopefully I'll get my 2nd season tag this year too.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-10 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]>Unit 21 2nd season with 14
>NR points. With it
>going 'til the 14th they
>oughta be ruttin' by then!
>

Unit 21, 2nd season with 14 points!! Are F'n kidding me?
Last year I thought it took only 7.

14th??? I thought it ended on 10/31? Am I screwed up?

Me and a buddy burned 9 on it...hopefully we're burning 9 I should say.

Applied for my 17th NR Elk in CO.

GH

Good Luck in your draw! (I don't think you'll need any luck though.)

I think C-wine meant 3rd season (second deer season) Cause his dates are 3rd season dates.

3,301,4,441,etc archery elk with 1 PP. 66% percent last year. My plan is chase these dink bulls every other year during the rut, flingin splinters at em til either #1) I can't do it anymore, #2) I draw a better tag elsewhere. Fun hunt!!!

PP for deer. RACK, I hope you draw cause I'll be in your same position next year.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-10 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]>I think C-wine meant 3rd season
>(second deer season) Cause
>his dates are 3rd season
>dates.
>
>3,301,4,441,etc archery elk with 1 PP.
> 66% percent last year.
> My plan is chase
>these dink bulls every other
>year during the rut, flingin
>splinters at em til either
>#1) I can't do it
>anymore, #2) I draw a
>better tag elsewhere. Fun
>hunt!!!
>
>PP for deer. RACK, I
>hope you draw cause I'll
>be in your same position
>next year.

I hope so...I would hate to see someone burn 14 pts on a 7-8 pt. hunt.

Yep, I meant to say 3rd season. Do you think 14 points will be enough points to get that unit 21 tag?

No I do not beleive 14 NR points will draw. I beleive last year only a few with 14 drew meaning there are alot of people with 15 this year and a few with more who have been waiting for this year. The way I read the draw summary there are still 20 people with 15 points now assuming they keep applying for this hunt with only 11 tags per year that still leaves 9 people with 16 next year. Assuming no new people with more points jump in that means in 2012 there will be 2 tags avaiable for the 36 people who currently have 14 points. I know this is alot of assuming, but my point is it could take at untill 2016 or longer before all people currently at 14 points to draw out. I am not trying to be depressing just realistic, correct me if I am wrong on my numbers. I applied for 2nd season with 11, for a couple of reasons. First I think it will take more than 7 this year maybe even 9. Second I felt it would take at least ten or more years to draw 3rd under the current system and number of applicants, and I feel there are too many other good opprotunities in Colorado right now to only hunt every 10+ years.

need some help and you seem like a good guy, I will probably pull a 2nd season 21 this yr and havnt hunted there for 10 yrs and didnt know what i was doing when i did. ive pulled some decent deer out of 22 when i could get it on my second choice but need to know where to go or who to talk to. maybe you could help me out.

thanks,

Kennicott

I put in 21 second season with 10 NR points. I'm hoping that will get me in the game. I'm thinking the point creep this year will be crazy in 21.

It's nuts that with 14 NR points, a guy could be waiting 6 more years to get a tag! I'd cash them in on a 2nd season, and not worry about it. Life's too short to chase points, when you could be out chasing deer!

I have a job that makes it impossible to hunt before Nov 1st (I'm a grape grower here in Cali and Sept/Oct is harvest time) so I'll never be able to hunt elk in the rut or any other things that happen in Sept/Oct. I'd be happy with any of my choices in CO this year. I just want to be out there when the bucks are startin' to get a little stupid. If nothing happens I guess it'll be a leftover deer tag in WY trying to shoot what the wolves leave for me!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-10 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]3 points for 71/711 3rd season, Was holding out for the 4th, couldn't pass up the dates! Wonder how many other people are doing the same thing? I know the odds say 2 points is guaranteed, but I wonder with the length of season and these dates, how many other people cashed In? Just hope the kill isn't bad! Anybody have any info on numbers yet?

OTC archery elk and a point.

I will get a leftover cow tag in some area 2nd season rifle.

Do not have the points to draw my 1st choice for deer and I am thinking I may have to spring for a "cheap" landowner tag.

I put in for p.p. again this year after talking to a few of you guys . now I will have 16 deer points 12 elk points 12 antelope. Hope I did the wright thing , but I think I did. I know if the weather hits you guys will have a awesome hunt this year.

With 16 deer points...what unit did you think that you didn't have a chance in drawing? I would think that you could draw just about any unit.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom