Where's Stinky?

tayhot

Havent heard from him in a while. I know he or his son had a deer hunt. Whats the story Stink? Did you take that 1100 yard shot with the Lapua? Were there any crooked landowners?

The shot was only 1085 and he is embarrased to come on and say so...
I think this hunt actually went off without any landowner intrusions although there was a rumor of a very crooked landowner two canyons over..lol

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-10 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-10 AT 11:08?AM (MST)

This picture was taken the opening morning of Stinky's deer hunt, right after he pulled the Lapua out of the case.

Stinky, when did you grow a beard and I thought you were a Chevy guy?

9394overkill-rifle.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-10
>AT 11:08?AM (MST)

>
>This picture was taken the opening
>morning of Stinky's deer hun,
>right after he pulled the
>Lapua out of the case.
>
>
>Stinky, when did you grow a
>beard and I thought you
>were a Chevy guy?
>
>
9394overkill-rifle.jpg

Cant be the same guy, That guy looks like he is in better shape than stinky.

Well I did have a good hunt. Passed up a buck in the mid to upper 170's and two in the 150 to 160's. Why you ask? cuz my sack weighed 75lbs and the deer were 5 miles from my truck and would all field dress over 250 lbs.

When I was almost back to my truck I jumped a fawn with horns. He had 8 solid points so I shot him. Then I gutted him. Then I cut a slit below his spine and carried him out like a purse. Then my daughter cried till I agreed to mount bambie for her room.
Btw the shot was just over 500 yds on a dead run. Dead centered the hind quarters and dropped him dead in his tracks.

Next day I took my nephew to an 8 pointer that was living near camp and dialed the gun in for 620 yards. 1 shot 1 kill and the hunt was over.

Gonna try that area again next year and maybe I will find a buck worthy of packing out 5 miles. I'm thinkin a 190 or better buck or nothin.

I did stumble onto a honey hole like no other but that is a story I can't tell until next year. I don't think anyone would believe me if I told them.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-10 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]I promise to belive your story. Let me guess though.... you found a two headed bull with 400" on each head. You going to hold out for an 800" classs bull?

Congrats on the buck

yeah! and he was breathing fire! And to add to the excitement he didn't seem to be a protected species according to the nmdgf proclomation. I'm takin my vulcan 20mm back next weekend!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom