Which Knight Muzzleloader?

BuglinBulls

I am interested in hearing opinions from those of you that are much more experienced in muzzleloader hunting than myself.

I haven't picked up a muzzleloader in over a decade, but I am getting the itch to try something different this year. I am trying to decide between the following three options. What are your opinions on the advantages/disadvantages between these three guns?

Knight Disc Extreme - $550
Knight Mountaineer - $760
Knight Long Range Hunter - $800

Is it worth the extra $200-$250 for the Mountaineer or the LRH?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

My son has the new disc extreme and I have the Long Range Hunter......I like the feel of the Disc extreme and shoots just as good as the LHR...I don't know anything about the Mountaineer.

Just bought a mountaineer, about the only difference between it and the disc extreme is, the mountaineer has a 27 " full floating barrel and shoots bare 209 primers with the option of a disc conversion kit. But the disc extreme has the musket cap option to make it legal in states like Idaho. Which ever gun you choose can't go wrong with knight.

I have the Knight Disc Elite. This is an amazingly accurate rifle! I saw one on Gunbroker.com yesterday, new in box. These are discontinued but are pretty much the same rifle as the disc extreme. The only difference is the sporter or light contour barrel and the mounting lug. These are very well balanced and have a nice feel. I love this rifle, I think you would as well.

Depends on what you want to use it for! Some states like Colorado only allow iron sights and conicals. Other states allow scopes and sabots! I just picked up a new Knight Disc Extreme on the Knight Web Site with all the bangs and whistles. Typed in Mready on the Coupon area and saved over $100.00!

Mountanineer- Long Range ML set upn for scope and Sabots, no iron sights, lighter, fluted barrel, etc....

KDE- Can do both but comes with iron sights and my choise for a high end ML to elk hunt with in Colorado!!

LRH- Great gun but a pound heavier than the KDE & MTNeer due to large stock & barrel. Again this gun come both ways with iron sights and would be good for treestand applications. I found one on GunBroker right now going in the low $500.00 and brand new. Not a good weapon to lug around the MTN's elk huntin!!

Good luck!

If you have the extreme ar LRH you can by a conversion breech plug to take 209 primers with out the disc.

I have had a Knight since 98,I bought the MK-85. They are great muzzleloaders. Just checked out there website,The bighorn in the timber camo looks awesome. Very much like the old Prairie Ghost Camo. $440. Awesome price. I might need one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom