Which one to buy?

U

Username

I am currently contemplating buying the T/C Omega or the Triumph. I am seeking opinions on both as it has been awhile since I last bought a muzzle loader. I reside and hunt only in New Mexico so the ability to shoot conicals is a non issue unless the regs change in the future. Is the higher price tag for the triumph worth it. Went to #####'s Sporting goods today and they had and Omega with T/C scope on sale for about $420. I was a little uneasy with the balance of the Omega, it seemed a little front heavy to me. I am replacing a Black Diamond and it seemed lighter and more balanced. Thanks for any replies.

I decided on the Omega over the Triumph when looking for a mz for NM a few years ago. Put a Nikon BDC scope on it. The hinge on the Triumph seemed loose to me,and I found an Omega with weathershield at a great price from Cabellas. I use Barnes sabots and BH209.Shoots great.Did feel a little front heavy,but that was resolved when I put expanding foam in stock to kill the hollow feel and noise potential. Sounded like a plastic box anytime it hit a branch or anything. Check the muzzeloader page for more on them.

I like the omega also, seems to be a very solid rifle. Was contemplating getting a pro hunter, had to borrow a friends omega at almost the last minute due to technical difficulties with the cheap POS (CVA) I had been using. After spending some range time and hunting with the omega I decided I needed one. Both the omegas I have fooled with have been very accurate with sabots, not so much with the conicals but I haven't spent much time on the conicals.

Sold my Omega and bought a Triumph...took the good Zeiss glass off the former and slapped it on the latter and could not be happier with the setup.

My Omega was very accurate and nice to shoot, but was quite heavy and had a 'clunky' feel to it...the Triumph is light and slick handling, and shoots just as well as far as I can tell with a nicely tuned load

Anyway, Good Luck!

All I hunt with is the omega topped with a bushnell elite 3200. Have used if for nearly 10 years. I shoot the barnes tipped TMZ 250 gr bullet and shoot sub moa groups all day long. I zero the rifle for 200 yards and have never missed my aim out to 300 yards. Best kill was a bull elk at 295 yards in the gila. hit the front shoulder blew through and exited the neck on the off side. Elk went 60 yards and was dead. Was a 350 type bull. That gun is so reliable and accurate I can't justify anything else.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom