which one

M

monsterhunter

would i be better of hunting the wasatch unit with my bow, because it is close to home and i would be ablr to put a lot more time in to scouting. or would it be better to put in for one of the more sought after areas that i would not get to scout and learn as well. i would be very happy with a 340-350 bull with my bow. thanks for the info.

In my experience, knowledge and lay of the land is more important than bigger bulls available... if I don't know where they are at...

Go with the unit that gives you the best chance to harvest and to be able to scout and keep track of the elk....

Hope ya draw your tag.

Robb

I agree with Robb. Especially bowhunting. Knowing feeding areas, bedding areas, wallows, water holes, wind dirrections in mornings and evenings are important. Also, if it's warm you usually only have 2-3 hours in the morning and evening hunts. Find wallows for mid day. 340-350 bull with a bow is a tall order to fill whith a bow on any unit. It can be done. Good luck.

Robb, you nailed this one. Knowledge of an area is second to nothing. Although if I was gauranteed a San Jaun tag or a Wasatch tag, I am going SJ. If you know the area, go for it man!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom