White 300 yard group

marley

Very Active Member
My friend just found a White Super 91 just like mine, set it up with the same Lyman peep sight, and stretched it out to 300 yards yesterday. Open sights, 90 grains of Pyrodex P, 465 grain No Excuses bullet. I think if we can find a bull within 300 yards he's going to be in trouble.

7442image.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-13 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]Good grouping! That is my group at 150 yards. Wish I could use something else other than pure lead in Idaho.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-13 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]How long is your barrel? Did you do the 209new conversion? BTW. good shooting

I believe the supers have the 24" barrel and he is using the 209 primers. I have the same muzzy but use the #11s.

Marley, what is the hold over at 300 yds with that load. Ive been going back and forth with 90 to 95 grains with my White and the No Excuses any advice?

DUH on my part! Let me re-state that ? How much does that 465 grain No Excuses drop at 300 yds. Also, where can I buy a peep site like that?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-13 AT 10:56PM (MST)[p]It's dropping about 75 inches if sighted in at 100 yards. The no excuses bullet has a BC of .22. The sight for the white super 91 is the Lyman 57SMET

I tried to shoot 200 yards without a peep, that was a joke. I got a vernier, spent more than I wanted. But I know there wasn't another way to shoot that far and be precise and consistent.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

I don't know for sure Trix. The 57SMET mounts to the right side of the action not the top. The whitetail has a different action than the super 91. If there are two tapped areas vertically on the right side of the action I would say that it will be compatable.

Thanks Marley, I just ordered one. It should be here before the ML Elk Hunt I hope to have time to mount it up and do some shooting. If not, then next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom