White Buffalo Backpacks

tapehoser

I just purchased a White Buffalo brand backpack at the Huntin' Show 2 weeks ago. I tried on packs from several outfits at the show and, for the price, the White Buffalo were BY FAR the best bargain.

Just wondering if anyone else has one of these. Do you like it? Do you use it for hunting?

I've used white buffalo packs for years. They are the most "practical" pack I have owned. Allow me to elaborate: my badlands 2200 is a great, ergonomic, pack, but it fails in the practical application department. The top pocket on the badlands sacrifices roominess for the "smooth" look, so the loaded pack looks nice, but I cannot use the top pocket if the main compartment is filled with gear. The white buffalo, on the other hand, is just a common sense design, where if I fill the main compartments, the smaller pockets are unaffected. Also, in order to use my badlands hydration system, I have to go buy a square bladder. The white buffalo uses the conventional rectangular bladders, and comes equipped with one.
I generally end up using my badlands for scouting, and the White Buffalo when it's time to get serious.
As a side note, I, and others, have used White Buffalo packs as our primary bags for Search and Rescue work. Again, the pack is just an all around practical pack.
Definately a good buy.

i bought one at the huntin show a couple years ago and love it. i use it for both hunting and scouting. definatly a great buy and worth it.

BadAzzArcher

I am trying several packs now trying to find one I can use with all my crap. can you show me the link of these white buffs ? website, etc? thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-07 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]I just can't say enough about these backpacks. Before the elk hunt this fall I decided that I needed a larger pack in order to accommodate a full elk quarter. I called White Buffalo to ask them some questions. Since I had such great success with the Grand Caribou for my deer hunt last year, I knew they could outfit me with what I needed. I called the day after Labor Day and low and behold, the owner of the company, Brent, answered the phone! I told him exactly what I needed and how the Grand Caribou was great, but I needed something much larger. He suggested I go with the Herd Bull, since that is the one he uses on his elk hunts. Heck, he even sold one to me for $90!!!

Fast forward 1 week: I used the Herd Bull to get in shape before the elk hunt. I loaded that thing with about 60 pounds of crap (bullets, used cartridge cases, water softener salt). Do you have any idea how hard it is to find 60 pounds of crap to fill 3,300 cubic inches??? Good grief.

I hiked up and down the stairs with that thing for 30-45 minutes every day for 3 weeks before the hunt. The pack never once complained and never once felt uncomfortable on my back. The hip straps are super-strong and kept the weight of the pack centered on my hips quite comfortably. I burned a lot of fat and built some good leg muscles.

Fast forward to October 11: Used the pack on the hunt going up and down mountains all day for 3 days. Then I went back to the hills on the 16th and 17th. That pack held together and stayed comfortable. The bladder was great and received lots of use.

I would recommend this pack to anyone looking to save $$$ on one of the best packs I have EVER seen in action. Among all of my hunting friends, I have the best pack by far....and they are all jealous!!!

A side note: on the last day of the hunt I was manhandling my pack as I took it out of the truck and the female end of the hip-strap buckle came off and got lost in the snow. One call to Brent (he answered the phone again) and another buckle was sent the next day for FREE.

Don't spend $200-300 on a backpack when you can get the same quality out of White Buffalo for less than half the price!!!

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!" ~Bruce Dickinson~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom