who drew unit 14 muley tag?

My old man drew 14 this year. He spent 10 straight days there towards the end of the hunt, I went up to help for 3 days. He ended up taking a small 4x3 on day 10 (biggest he saw entire time). I've seen good bucks there in the past but have been disappointed in recent years. Lots of small bucks and little rut activity this year. Anyone find good bucks in 14 not on private property this year? I know there are good ones down on the private.

My cousin, myself, and one of his friends drew the tag this year, my cousin shot a smaller 3x4, his buddy shot a 26" low to mid 160s four point(his first deer) and i ended up shooting a 25" 3x4, gross score was 174" if he would have had a g2 on his right side would have been mid 180s. they were rutting like crazy, i was up there the last 10 days of season also, just have to glass and find the deer, was disappointed with how many 3x4s we saw, we killed the only four point we saw. biggest one we saw i shot. fun hunt but hard on the knees lol.

The two guys we helped shot a 4x4 and a 2x3 they were the biggest bucks we found. We were there the last week hunting. The 4x4 is nice maybe 150 the 2x3 is 22 wide or so and tall. I will post pics. We are not going to go back lots of crab clawed front forks on bucks. Saw one buck that was heavy and about 25 wide but he was snapped off above his eyeguard. If you are a trophy hunter I would pick a different unit.

2959idaho_2010_012.jpg

4086idaho_2010_028.jpg

9080idaho_2010_041.jpg

Hey jbloom, does that mean you got the tag?

I am down in new Mex fighting fires right now..

My wife got a pretty good tag as well. Unit 11 late!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom