Who has at least 8 Pref. points for elk

whtelk

I am looking for a hunting partner or partners that have at least 8 Preference points for elk. Archery hunting the Mount Emily unit for the last week and a half to 2 weeks. I know the area pretty good and sure we can get into elk. I am 48 years young and in pretty darn good shape for an old guy.
My hunting partner may not be able to go this year and I now need to start the search for alternate hunting partner or partners.
Any one looking for a great hunt let me know. I do not smoke and a light drinker. Unless I kill a monster of a bull and then it is Crown royal time around a camp with good company.

Good luck whtelk. Only got 7 NR plus i plan on spending last 2 weeks of Sept in Colorado this year but I'd love to hear how you do.

I'm a NR, so you may not be interested, but I have 9 elk points and Mt. Emily is the unit I'll draw when I eventually get my tag. I'm 49, and same as you with no smoking and almost no drinking either. I don't know if we'd be a good fit or not, but if you're interested, send me an email and we can talk about it. I'm not sure if being a NR applying with a resident even works, as I always have applied alone. I don't think a NR can draw that tag this year with 9 points, so it may not matter.

Mt.Emily will probebly take 11 or 12 NR points to draw this year.Depends on people changing units,weapons & point savers from last year.Good luck if you draw.
David

elknuts, wonder why you apply alone??? I do the same on most draws just to be eligible for that last tag. Plus most guys I know only apply for 1 or 2 states a year so when they don't draw after a year or 2, they want to lower their standards.

Example is a guy @ work I've hunted waterfowl with for years and elk hunted a few times started applying for every state with me unless I had points. This year because of another committment, I think he only applied for a small portion of hunts he did the last few years. GOTTA STAY WITH IT!! SORRY BOUT JACKING THE THREAD.

I apply alone for most of the tags I put in for each year. I put my son in alone, as well. If either of us gets drawn, I get to go hunting. It doesn't matter to me who has the tag, getting to go is what it's all about for us. I'd rather have two single apps in for a tough draw than a single app with two applicants anytime.

> I am looking for a
>hunting partner or partners that
>have at least 8 Preference
>points for elk. Archery hunting
>the Mount Emily unit for
>the last week and a
>half to 2 weeks. I
>know the area pretty good
>and sure we can get
>into elk. I am 48
>years young and in pretty
>darn good shape for an
>old guy.
> My hunting partner may
>not be able to go
>this year and I now
>need to start the search
>for alternate hunting partner or
>partners.
> Any one looking for
>a great hunt let me
>know. I do not smoke
>and a light drinker. Unless
>I kill a monster of
>a bull and then it
>is Crown royal time around
>a camp with good company.
>
>
Wish I could help you out Dennis, but I only have 3 pts after shooting my wad for the Walla Walla in 2004.

Good luck finding somebody compatible to hunt with!

TK

Back
Top Bottom