who hunts the most

clifhunter

so who hunts the most (NOT SCOUTING OR GUIDING OTHER HUNTERS) I want to know who spends the most time hunting year after year. I spend about 90 days a year hunting and love every bit of it..
I dont go on any other vacations or trips so i can hunt.MY wife took the kids to disneyland this year and I stayed home and worked so I could earn more mony to hunt. I LIVE TO HUNT.

Sure as hell no me, I got 6 days in last year and that was more than usual. It seems like the years I have enough money to go, I am too busy at work to take any time off! And the years I have the time I ain't got no money :(

Holy Chit clifhunter, and your still married? Don't know many women that would do the Disney thing with kids alone. Although I would like to try and get away with it. We're headed there next year.

I'll never spend enough time hunting, that's all I know.

But, counting big game and bird hunting I typically spend about 75 days in the field actually hunting for myself. I'm certain that there are a lot of sickos on this sight that are going to cough up some unreal numbers that will make me jealous as hell. I do spend a lot more time fishing, antler hunting, scouting, and going on buddy's hunts.

antlers I feel very lucky last year my cousin called me at noon and wanted to go to nebraska muzy hunting for deer. I called the wife and we were on the road by 5 pm. I LIVE TO HUNT..........

WELL.....I MOST LIKELY HUNT AS MUCH AS ANYBODY DOES. I HAVE FOUR OUT OF STATES HUNTS THIS YEAR, OUR LOCAL UNIT AS WELL, BUT I FILL IN WITH FULL TIME HOG HUNTING & PREDATOR CALLING. WHEN JUNE GETS HERE I STOP HUNTING BECAUSE I'M HUNTED OUT. I HUNT 8-9 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR FOR HOGS ON LOCAL RANCHES & FIND TIME TO FISH A BIT ALSO...BEING RETIRED IS THE KEY. COME JUNE I QUIT, BUT I COULD KEEP ON HUNTIN....BUT IT GETS TOO HOT & THE BREAK IS REALLY WELCOME. THIS WAY I'M PUMPED FOR THE NEXT SEPTEMBER..........YD.

I guess if you count 'yotes, desert rats and birds, I probably get in well over 100 days a year.
Most years I don't have a deer or elk tag and I mostly quit going out of state, hardcore, about 10 years ago.
I fish alot and scout deer and elk alot for others. I am out with the dogs 4 or 5 days a week and look for artifacts any chance I get.
All that being said, I am fortunate enough to live in an area where most days, I can bust a few birds before opening the store at 8am then again at 5pm.

It has a price.

I will never be able to completely retire, my yard is a dump and I don't have any money to speak of and damn few assets.

But I wouldn't trade places with Donald Trump.....I doubt he's ever seen a sunrise or sunset without concrete buildings in it.

"MY wife took the kids to disneyland this year and I stayed home and worked so I could earn more mony to hunt. I LIVE TO HUNT."

Wow, I guess you like hunting more than I do. I would rather balance my time a little and go on vacation with my kids. To each their own I guess.

I usually hunt a few weeks a year and fish quite a bit. I spend a lot of time working; probably too much. Balance is the key IMO.

would have to agree woodruff, if I passed on a family vacation to hunt. I would probably be looking for a new home. I lnow for sure my hunting stuff including my guns would be sold in a all for one yard sale that would be cheap. I've learned to plan family vacations in the summer so it only intrupts my varmint hunting

I have backed way off on time spent hunting. I'm running a bussiness these past few years that does demand a level of service and the only way that i can exist in these times is to be avalible and dependable. That said, in my late teens thru my 40's, few, that i know of anyway, spent more time hunting than i did.

Our archery season here in the A zone of Kali used to open the first weekend in July. Scouting for that season opener was a joy. I'd go every evening for a month just to see which trails the Blackies were using to get to water and feed. Our rifle season was a month and a half, followed by hunts up north, dove, Waterfowl, at least one out of state hunt usually i'd hit two states anyway, Pheasent and Waterfowl again, followed by and to the closing of quail season in Feb.

June thru Feb., i seldom missed days, usually doubled up on species, morning hunt for one thing, evening hunt another. No wife, no kids, some great hunting buds. The rest of the year and a few days in between, i fished, if it swam, i tried to catch it. Shot trap and skeet, various shooting compititions, hunted old bottles, mushrooms, and at night...wild women. No regrets! Good hunting this year guys!

Joey

I get a lot of time out in the field if you count in ducks, geese and rabbits. for the past 3 years I have hunted every single day except for 10 days in the Utah duck season and then I travel to Colorado and hunt geese in February till there season ends. plus all of the deer and elk hunts I go on during the early fall. so I would say I get in well over a 100 days of hunting a year.

Jake

>Sure as hell no me, I
>got 6 days in last
>year and that was more
>than usual. It seems like
>the years I have enough
>money to go, I am
>too busy at work to
>take any time off! And
>the years I have the
>time I ain't got no
>money :(

Isn't that the truth Tony.. Same here.. When I have the money I can't get away from work but usually it's the other way around... Time but no money..

Jim

Do you guys hold down full time jobs.....Frig, if I can get 30 total days in the field in one year I'm a luck SOB.

Mike

Disneyland is a pretty big deal to the kids. If you would miss that so you could hunt a little then your a lame!

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

Ya thinking 90 hunts a year or 90 days of hunting?

That is one sweet vacation package ya got with 90 days off hunting with a full time job!

Morning hunts or afternoon hunts and my vacation days on hunts only puts me into about 35 'hunt outtings' a year.

isayNUNYA--maybe he is the 'stepdad' on them kids and doesn't feel the need to spend time with them in D-land....or some other excuse!

Robb

For me I do hold down a full time Job and I go to college taking a minimum of 16 credit hours or more a semester. I worked it out so would have at least 3 and half hours a day of daylight. and were i live it only takes 20 minutes or so to get to were i need to hunt for ducks and geese. and as for my other hunts im able to gain a lot of vacation time while I work in the spring and summer so that it all equals out come hunting season. but for me its all about managing your time in orderly fashion so you can always be doing something.

I have to agree with a few of the
other posts, I love to hunt as much
as anyone, but to me my wife and kids
vacations always come first.

I have taken my kids to Disneyland three
times in the last 7 years, and the look on
my kids face when you first enter the park
is better than anything I have ever had
while hunting.

Everybody is different, but I think you
will regret your actions later on in life.

"just my 2 cents"

I big game hunt continually from 15 Sep to 15 Nov every year. If I draw an antelope tag I start 1 Sept. Personally take the family to DISNEYWORLD. Its a lot better than Disneyland-taken the family to both.

I only get to actually hunt maybe 10 days a year but I spend about 80 days a year at clifhunter's house and got a free trip to Disneyland this year to boot. :)

I hunt as much as I can. I told my fiance when we first got together that I hunt from April 1st-May 31 every year for spring bear. Which I hunt everyday until I get one. Then From the archery opener here in Oregon at the End of August to the end of November. I hunt with friends even tho I dont have a tag. We have been together for 3 years and are getting married next June. The wedding day was selected in June because there isnt a hunting season in that month. I told her either she could go with me hunting or plan on not seeing me very much during Hunting season. She chose to go with me. Before we met she had never held a gun let alone shot one. Now she goes shootin with me and last year she killed a muley buck and a cow elk. There is nothing like sharing the experience of being in the outdoors with your significant other and your family and friends. I even get excited when buddies get tags and I dont... Is there something wrong with me?? LOL... Hope Everyone Has A great season this year.

Dave

TO ALL OF YOU BOYS AND GIRLS THAT THINK I DONT SPEND TIME WITH MY KIDS AND WIFE I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE. I WOULD GARINTEY THAT MY 11 YEAR OLD GIRL KNOWS MORE ABOUT ELK HUNTING THEN MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. SHE HAS BEEN ON SOME GREAT HUNTS WITH ME. SHE HAS ALSO KILLED DEER AND DUCKS. MY 7 YEAR OLD BOY HAS BEEN HUNTING ON LOTS OF TRIPS WITH ME ALSO AND HAS SHOT A FEW RABITS ALREADY AND HE HAS PASSED HIS HUNTER SAFTY. HE DIDNT DRAW NEW MEXICO THIS YEAR BUT I WILL TAKE HIM DUCK HUNTING AND OTHER SMALL GAME HUNTS. I ALSO OWN MY OWN COMPANY SO I AM ABLE TO TAKE MY KIDS TO WORK WITH ME. MY WIFE HAS HUNTED DEER, ELK ANTELOPE, MT GOAT AND OTHER SMALL GAME AND HAS BEEN A VERY SUCSESFUL HUNTER ( ABOVE AVERAGE).I ASLO HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD DATER THAT CAN SAY DEER AND ELK ALREADY. SO DONT THINK THAT I DONT SPEND MUCH TIME WITH THE FAMILY AND AS FOR DISNEY LAND I CANT STAND CALI I HATE THAT PLACE. SO MY WIFE TOLD ME TO STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF ARE BUSNES AND SHE TOOK HER SISTERS AND MOTHER INSTED OF ME. SO HOW NUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND HUNTING WITH YOUR KIDS..............................................

cliff settle down bud your first post made it sound like you dont spend time with the family, and garintey lol priceless bahahahahaha i love monster muleys

HAY CREAM I AGREE I COULD OF DONE A BETER POST. BUT I SPEND ALOT OF TIME HUNTING WITH MY FAMLY AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT........................................................
BUT I SILL THINK MY 11 YEAR OLD GIRL COULD HUNT ELK BETER THAN MOST. LOL.......................................

between deer and ducks and the ever ending quest to find a furry little redhead I never think about anything else!
rm

Longun- I live in Cali and have been to Disneyland about 6 times. I just got back from a family vacation to Disneyworld 4 days ago and Disneyworld is better. For the record, if you go to Disneyland in Cali there is no need to go to Magical Kingdom at Disneyworld...they are almost identical. It's like they picked up Ca Disneyland and set it in Florida!
48896dcf5af7a8c7.jpg

Did I mention it rained a bit!!

I hunt am able to hunt about 30 days a year. Those include evening bow hunts as well as out of state hunts with my Dad. I wish it were more but I've got 4 kids who need to eat!!

Steve

I take my kids hunting and not to disneyland and I guarantee you it is a way more quality experience than a tourist trap. Best hunts are when my kids have tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom