Who Needs Hounds??

2_Point

Very Active Member
So I go down to our ranch on the Nebo the other day and I am pulling up to the cabin when I see this cougar standing, well bolting down the driveway. Then it turns and trees in a big cedar right off the side of the road. And me with no camera. I head for the cabin to look for a camera when I hear this hissing coming from under the deck. It is the local bobcat. So I have a bobcat "treed" under the deck and a cougar treed in a cedar 100 yards away. Heck, who needs hounds?

You Hound guys have the easiest hunting out there. You get 'em treed in 10 min and take pics. That is why you spend so much time in bar. Anyone want to kill a bobcat?

Maybe they just thought you smelled like a hound!!!;-) It does happen though. A kid from our area was following some lion tracks and when they disappeared he looked up in the tree and there was the cat.

Don't be telling everyone our secrets though!!!

I had a similar experience that I wrote about in a story that's been posted on this website called "Ghost Town Bobcats". I had cut a fresh bobcat track in a heavy stand of pines and by the time I had turned my snowmobile around to go back and get my dogs I found where the bobcat had sprinted across my newly made snowmobile tracks. I got off my sled and followed the bobcat tracks up to a mahogany tree on the ridgeline where the tracks ended. I just assumed that the snow on the other side of the tree was crusted enough that the bobcat didn't leave a track because it was virgin snow, but when I returned to the tree a few minutes later with my dogs there was a big divet in the snow on the other side of the tree with a set of running bobcat tracks emerging. The bobcat was apparently sitting up the mahogany tree the same time I was standing underneith it but I was so focused on the tracks that I failed to look up and spot it. Needless to say, the dogs never did catch the bobcat, the running little bastard lined out and was probably three states away before I finally pulled the dogs.

Way to go 2_Point, that really was a unique experience....now let's go get that bobcat!!

Thats pretty cool 2 point,to bad you didn't have a camera.

One time I saw a smaller bear and I started to run at it and bark like a dog,it jumped in the nearest tree but only went about 10' up.It was cool cause' he was hissing and making a bunch of weird noises (I have never heard a bear hiss before).I didn't have a camera that day either.

Hey, Two point, that is cool. One thing I will guarantee though. Now you might be thinking that was pretty cool and maybe you ought to get some hounds and start hunting lions, bobcats, etc. After all, you appear to be a natural at it, right? Go ahead, buy a pack full of the flea bitten dog food wasters and you will NEVER see a lion like that again. You get some dogs, a ton of money invested and suddenly, all the easy ones are history. :)

Yeah, kind of like the 15 year old from out-of-state that wants to shoot a two point, but ends up with a 230" NT.

I am taking a friend down next week. He supposedly invested a lot of money, time, and fights with his wife getting a few noisy dogs that he calls hounds. He thought it would be fun, but I don't think he has treed a squirrel.

PS-Why is Dawg shooting turkeys? Seems the turkeys are keeping the Bobcats and Cougars Fat, Dumb (if I can tree a cat it has to be dumb), and Happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom