Who's Buying Guns?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
In the midst of all this anti-gun nonsense, who of you have gone out and bought some guns? What did you buy?

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

I was feeling some of the pressure and went out and found two glock 17's and 4 of the 33 round mags. 5 extra 17 round mags. Bought a carbon fiber bushmaster that I flipped and paid for another colt 6940 which is bad azz AR .That makes 5 AR's now. Lol yup I know I have a problem

I didn't buy any guns, just stocking up on ammo. Guns are useless without bullets.

Well, I guess you could club somebody with 'em.

If 45 tried to club someone with a gun he'd miss.

I've bought alot of ammo but no new weapons.

2311idiot.jpg

Traded some coins for a Pre-64 M70, bought some reloading stuff and had some friends give be several pieces of brass.

Bought 2 Bushmaster Carbon 15s, Looking to buy a smith and wesson shield, and possibly a ruger sr9 and sr9c

My 14 year old son has been buying parts to build his own custom AR for about a year now. Got most everything but the most important part. The lower receiver. What we are finding is most gun shops are selling the lowers on gun brokers.com. For 4-5 times what you'd normally pay and were struggling to get any type of lower bought right now. It's crazy. But for us. We want to get it finished now and in a hurry.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-13 AT 09:24PM (MST)[p]Yeah, the cheapest lowers I've found is like 395$ Way too much for just a lower

I've been trying to decide on a new coyote gun for quite some time. Oops, my indecision has cost me dearly. The HK SL8 or Robarm XCR-L I'd been looking at have gone through the roof.

Needless to say, unless you have money to burn the new normal is at a different scale.

Cheers,
Pete

For the last 10 months I have been stocking up on reloading supplies and have enough to last me for some years to come. I have enough pistols, but did put a new rifle in the safe yesterday.

I have had a CZ-24 Mauser rifle made in 1937, pre-war, sitting in my gun safe for about 16 years. I finally took it out and pulled the military barrel and modified the action and bought a commercial after market trigger guard & magazine & bolt sleeve. Cut off the military bolt handle and welded on a commercial replacement for scope use.

Also threw away the military trigger and replaced it with a adjustable after market trigger and a new Shilen #2 contour match barrel. Just finished rebluing it and re-stocking it to a pre-letted Robert's walnut Monte Carlo stock. Free floated the barrel, glass bedded the action. 30-06 caliber and will be taking it out next week for shooting after I finish loading up some 165 gr. Nosler Partitions for it with different powders.

After all these years of using a 25-06 and a 300 Win. Mag. I finally went back to the good old 06. Plan to try it out on elk this coming season out of state.

Talking about re-loading supplies. They are hard to get today with the buying frenzy. Supplies for .223, 9MM, 45 acp are just at the point of not being able to find anywhere. Everyone is out of stock. The economical rifle bullets are hard to find and only premium bullets are available in most of the common calibers.

Brass for .223, 45acp, and 9mm are out in most places. If you look for those calibers now, you may have a hard time finding any available. Primers and powder are also in short supply.

We have a local gun show coming up in a nearby county this weekend. The guy that has been putting on the show for over 20 years has stated that the majority of his vendors that sell primers and powder and reloading bullets have cancelled being at the show due to being completly sold out on those items. They were unable to get more supplies for the gun show.

RELH

I'm selling. Three sold, three to go. A .300 WinMag. and .338 WinMag, and a 7mm WinMag. All Brownings, two new in their box unfired.

Seems like a good time to be in the selling business.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-13 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p] It is freaking crazy! Stocked up on reloading! But supplies are running thin every where! I have a pretty good supply and guns I have more then enough guns. Do you think that things like bullets,primers and powder will come back?
Rutnbuck

>I'm selling. Three sold, three
>to go. A .300
>WinMag. and .338 WinMag, and
>a 7mm WinMag. All
>Brownings, two new in their
>box unfired.
>
>Seems like a good time to
>be in the selling business.
>
>
>DC

You got pics of the Brownings? 338 and/or 7mm? what models? How much?

Traditional >>>------->

Rutnbuck; like last time in 2008, just give it 3-4 months and the scalper prices will go down and supplies will be plentiful again.
It is not just horders, you have guys that pretty well know when this is going to happen, like Obama being elected and re-elected, and they buy big amounts to hord until everything gets scarce due to a buy-hord frenzy. Then they pop up with supplies at more then double the price.

I remember primers going for 50 bucks a brick of 1000 after Obama go elected the first time. It did not last that long back then and some of those scalpers ended up still with a stockpile and the prices dropped back down to what they paid for them.

It may last a little longer this time due to Congress taking their slow time to decide what to do with the gun control issue. People will continue to hord supplies until things look better.

RELH

RELH

RE: IT'S OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!!!!

>I bought a shtload of .50
>BMGs, nine 14" sawed off
>shotguns with 47 round magazines
>and a scope, umpteen 90
>round clips 4 grenades and
>2 whoopi cussions......just in case.
> Also have napalm and
>a bear trap and a
>16 oz glass of ice
>cold water propped on top
>of the front door.....just in
>case. Come get me
>you sunzabtchez!
>
>Had too do itt b4er thay
>taked thoaz wrights aweigh.
>
>
>
>(Today the part of zigger, bess,
>relh, 264 and other nutcases
>were played by zigga)
You are disabled,your ID on this site says so.

I knew this crap was gonna happen a long time ago...Bought everything I need 10 years ago...

Bought me a Rock River Arms coyote rifle. Havent shot it yet but plan to this weekend. It has a BSA tatical stealth scope on it that I am looking to sell if anyone is interested.

I had my freak out moment just prior too election. (I knew Romney was screwed)I dropped 500 bucks on reloading supplies best decision I ever made and also picked up an Remington R-15 for half of what you can get them for now. Every store I go to they limit you to one box of Ammo now. Crazy stuff but the gun shelves are definitley thin.

Nothing new just stocking up amunition a little at a time. The gun safe is loaded and ready.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I'm still loading with primers we bought years ago... We payed $13 a brick for them.. Gonna need to get more small rifle primers soon, not looking forward to that.. Also just about out of bulk handgun bullets used to have several thousands of them for each caliber 38,44,45........

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Nothing new just stocking up amunition
>a little at a time.
>The gun safe is loaded
>and ready.
>
>
>Government doesn't fix anything and has
>spent trillions proving it!!!
>Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday,
>even the calender says WTF!
>

Ready for what?

Replenished some components..powder, bullets and primers. No way in Hell I'd pay what people are asking for some guns these days. mtmuley

HorseCreek, You asked: "You got pics of the Brownings? 338 and/or 7mm? what models? How much?"

I don't have access to these two until next week but here are images of two that represent the make and models of the two I have for sale.

Thanks
DC

The Browning .338 is a BAR - Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation Banquet Rifle for $1,500.00

This is a picture of the rifle but not mine but mine is identical, this one is 113 of 200 mine is 134 or 200. Still in the box, never been fired. Never owned a .338 cartridge.

1193pop_wm_1034239.jpg

7125wm_1034242.jpg

The Browning .7mm is a BAR - a used hunting rifle. I owned two of them, this one has the American Game images etched in the receiver. I'm asking $699.00 for this one.
Again, this is a picture of the rifle but not mine, mine has a few more dings on it but it looks like this one so far as make, model, etc. It's been hauled on a few hunts and shows the normal use ware but not beat to pieces, if that makes sense.

578529132_01_browning_bar_7mm_rem_640.jpg

I was at the SHOT Show this week and I have never seen so many people!

I would bet there were 200 companies selling "tactical" rifles.

I don't know why......the next possible ammo date is reported to be June 1st.......and there is next to none available right now.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Yeah after the election I could just see what was going to happen. Couldn't predict the school shooting and the gun buying stampede that resulted. After the election Glock 22, Keltec sub 2000, Ruger 10/22, glock 22 mags, ak us palm mags, 10k of 7.62x39, 3k of .40, 1k of 12ga. Call me crazy but find that stuff now anywhere at what price? Talked my buddy into buying an Arsenal AK and 1k of ammo. Boy is he glad he did. If you don't have it you aint gonna get it anytime soon. It won't be cheaper either. I missed the boat once. Wasn't going to miss the final call of port.

Part of the problem with ammo is heavy military and government contracts placing huge demand.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Finished building my second AR15 yesterday. And get this... 10 years ago my Glock was stolen from my house. Well 2 years ago it was used in a narcotics crime and finally after MONTHS of dealing with local PD I got it back yesterday! That and found 1000rds of 5.56 for a great price. I have plenty but couldn't pass up the deal.

shooting12072_zpsd9338461.jpg

shooting12103_zps8713bf74.jpg

shooting12102_zps22becc14.jpg

3 Gloch Model 22 with 9 HC 17 round mags, DPMS 5.56, 500 pieces of .300 WSM brass, 500 pieces of .243 brass, 500 pieces of .338 brass, 10,000 large primers, 10,000 small primers, 5 cases of different powders, 500 rounds of Berger 210's, 500 rounds of Berger 105's, 500 rounds of Berger 215's. All since that Jacka$$ of a president got reelected. Bought all the guns last 2 weeks ago. Obama is the best thing that ever happened to the firearm business if you sell anything and everything to do with guns!!!

It's always an adventure!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-13 AT 09:20PM (MST)[p]Two muzzleloaders!! No ammo. Gonna clean up when the glut hits later.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom