Who's chasin the rock goats?

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Not many on here braggin' about drawing my favorite tag this year....
So who drew all those archery ibex tags?
I'm so depressed I just might take up fishing or some other pointless endeavor! Maybe needlepoint???

Curtis, I think you should negotiate your way into one of these archery cliff-hanger tags. Tell them you understand the mix-up was their fault and that an archery ibex tag will cure all.

www.streamflies.com

cookie
I hope you get things straigtened out with the G&F. Sorry to hear you didn't get your tag.

My son drew a youth ibex tag. He is a NR (sorry for competing with you local kids on that one). He was pretty excited last night when I told him. His excitement ceased right away though, when he remembered that the ibex hunt fell right in the same timeframe as my colorado mountain goat hunt (I wasn't expecting to draw that mountain goat tag at all). I was pretty proud of him to quickly realize that this would affect dad's dream hunt for a white goat.

I will put everything into his ibex hunt first before I go after my goat. We are hoping that we can get lucky and get one for him right away so I can fly him home and then chase after my white goat. We would appreciate any help or tips that anyone would be willing to offer.

Cookie,

I drew the ol Archery Ibex tag! I'm friggin pumped since it's right out of backdoor (I live in L.C). I've been fortunate enough to be in the Floritas multiple times so as far as the terrain I know what to expect. Now getting one of those amazing creatures in bow range is another story, but I plan on giving them h*ll!!

Curtis, you are our lucky charm. Zach drew again and says he is holding out for the grandpa billy goat.
You are always welcome to join us.

Paul. I am more than willing to go along if work allows...
I am still fuming right now over my conversation with G&F "Supervisor"... When I get over my rage I'll be more than happy to share any insight anyone cares to listen to..Give me a bit and things will cool down enough that I can think clearly...

I drew the F/IM hunt. When it came to putting down a 3rd choice, I had to admit that I am no bowhunter, and would rather be on the rock hunting nannies than sitting at home. I actually think one of those little nannies would make a cool lifesize mount. My question for you guys is this - what does a 15" ibex look like?

Not me.. 12th yr trying! Best of luck to those who drew!

Will be chasing their Mid Asian brethern in Kyrgyzstan this Nov though.
------------------
DRSS

Right here!
Second archery and I am more excited about it than my Elk tag! ?
Never seen one or personally know anyone who has got one- but I will get it sorted out!! Can't wait!

good luck to those that drew.i live less than a mile from the mountain and 8 yrs in a row no archery tag.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom