WHO'S TRANSPLANTING THEM???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
When I Was Younger You Had A Perty Good Idea Of What You Were Gonna Pull Out Of Which Water You Were At!

Not Anymore!

Until You Get The Fish To Shore Or Your Boat It's A Guessing Game!

There is an on going lawsuit in regards to aerial suppression of fires. Mostly regarding the chemicals involved in the slurry.

The vast majority of "water" dropped on a fire is no where near streams or lakes. I would guess the chances of introducing unwanted species in the process is near zero. They actually have filters on the uptake.

I would look at morons long before suppression efforts.

JUDAS Homer!

Every Time This Comes Up You Wanna Argue!

When They Found Out There Was Lake Trout In Lake Yellowstone They Offered Rewards For The Culprits That Done It!

It Went On For A Few Years!

Then Reality Set In!

Jackson Lake Has Lake Trout In It!

While Dipping Water Out of Jackson & Dumping It On Hot Spots Around Lake Yellowstone Tributaries The Fire Fighters/Copters Planted/Stocked Lake Yellowstone With A Few MACKS!

No Rewards Were Ever Paid Out!

I had no idea that fire bombers dump their loads back in the water......

There is an on going lawsuit in regards to aerial suppression of fires. Mostly regarding the chemicals involved in the slurry.

The vast majority of "water" dropped on a fire is no where near streams or lakes. I would guess the chances of introducing unwanted species in the process is near zero. They actually have filters on the uptake.

I would look at morons long before suppression efforts.
My comment was a hypothesis, not factual.
I mean, it's not impossible......

Last edited:
These Ain't My Words:

Water-hauling aircraft unknowingly scooped the fish out of Lewis and Shoshone lakes while firefighting the 1988 wildfires and dropped them onto flames that burned near Yellowstone Lake

Some Say It's Theory & Others Claim It To Be Gospel!

But Here's How I Look At It:

They Planted Lake Trout In Lake Yellowstone In The 1890's!

How Could You Ever For Surely Get Rid Of Them All?

I Say When The Cutthroat Were Doing Well The MACKS Started Doing Better!

If You Look At The Rivers/Creeks Between Known Lakes That Have Macks In Them & Lake Yellowstone Who Says They Didn't Get To Yellowstone Lake By Swimming There?

I'll Guarantee You In 88 They Were Scooping With Whatever They Had At The Time & They Were Not As Modernized As Current Equipment!

I'll Still Say There's Several Other Ways They Get In to Yellowstone!

I'll Guarantee You In 88 They Were Scooping With Whatever They Had At The Time & They Were Not As Modernized As Current Equipment!

I'll Still Say There's Several Other Ways They Get In to Yellowstone!

That was a hell of a fire. And your 100% right, by the time the geniuses decided to fight it, I'm surprised they weren't dropping elk and buffalo on it

I Hear You On That Hossy!

The LET IT BURN Attitude!

It's Cost Alot Every time They've Tried It!

That was a hell of a fire. And your 100% right, by the time the geniuses decided to fight it, I'm surprised they weren't dropping elk and buffalo on it

Even When I Was A Little Kid There Was Some Kind Of TRASH Fish In Lake Yellowstone!

I'll Bet The Macks Helped Clean Some Of Them Up!

When I Was A Youngster We Caught Some Nice Cutthroats!

But Each Proceeding Year They Got Smaller & Smaller!

We Use To Go to Yellowstone In Hopes Of Seeing A Bear Or Two Which We Usually Did!

Then They Moved All The Bears Out Of Yellowstone!

They Were Eating A Few Hippies!

Then They Move The Bear Back In!

Then They Move Grizzlies Back In !

Then They Turn Some Domesticated Wolves Loose!

JUDAS!

Who Decides How It Should Be?

JUDAS Homer!

Every Time This Comes Up You Wanna Argue!

When They Found Out There Was Lake Trout In Lake Yellowstone They Offered Rewards For The Culprits That Done It!

It Went On For A Few Years!

Then Reality Set In!

Jackson Lake Has Lake Trout In It!

While Dipping Water Out of Jackson & Dumping It On Hot Spots Around Lake Yellowstone Tributaries The Fire Fighters/Copters Planted/Stocked Lake Yellowstone With A Few MACKS!

No Rewards Were Ever Paid Out!
Speaking of someone that likes to argue….33k argument posts and counting

If you TRIED to transplant fish by scooping them up randomly with an aircraft, then dumping them on a fire and expecting them to survive that violent delivery, then hike to the river.....you are quite an optimist.....

They Dumped The Water Around The Tributaries!

You Read That?

Again!

There's Other Ways They Got/Get In There As Well!

If you TRIED to transplant fish by scooping them up randomly with an aircraft, then dumping them on a fire and expecting them to survive that violent delivery, then hike to the river.....you are quite an optimist.....

MACKS Have Been In Yellowstone Since 1890!

I'd Like To Know How & When They Had Them All Eradicated From That Plant?

You may or may not realize how fish are planted in back country waters......by air mail.

They Were Using Anything They Could Get!

They Are Still Using Antique Equipment Around Here That Dips Water Out Of Lakes/Ponds with Copters!

It Is Possible!

I'm Not Talking About Your High Tech Fire Bombers!

I'd Still Like To Know How They Figured Lake Trout Were Extinct In Yellowstone?

I Think When The Cutthroat Started Doing Well The Mack's Started Eating Better & Multiplying More!

lol...you clowns.....
It must cause migraines learning something new....

Screenshot_20230824_224554_Chrome.jpg

Still those fish are doing a high dive into water.
We have Koi Fish dumped in the lake here you see those oranges swimming around in all the time.

uh......That's not a fire bomber that accidentally filled with fish while fighting fire.....
I didn't say it was.....it's a factual picture that shows fish being planted by air that someone laughed at insinuating that they don't ?

Our ranch had a 2 acre pond on it and we were testing for fish survivability so we planted 25 feeder gold fish from Walmart (we were told we could see the orange swimming around). Well within 2 years there were thousands. Bands of gold fish in schools thru out the pond. Then a 45,000 acre fire came thru- burned a bunch of our ranch. The fire incident team asked if they could dip from our ponds- our reply was "you don't need to ask!"

We took lunch and drinks to the firemen coming off the lines. During our chats it was brought up that they were finding goldfish on the ground. Another group said they wondered why there were golden glimmers in the water as it dropped. We all had a good laugh. They hauled off thousands of fish in the water!

They dumped loads along the edge of a river bottom as a containment line. I've wondered if there are now goldfish in that creek...... So not saying it would happen in cases listed in the article, but I have first hand info of seeing how it could.

Our ranch had a 2 acre pond on it and we were testing for fish survivability so we planted 25 feeder gold fish from Walmart (we were told we could see the orange swimming around). Well within 2 years there were thousands. Bands of gold fish in schools thru out the pond. Then a 45,000 acre fire came thru- burned a bunch of our ranch. The fire incident team asked if they could dip from our ponds- our reply was "you don't need to ask!"

We took lunch and drinks to the firemen coming off the lines. During our chats it was brought up that they were finding goldfish on the ground. Another group said they wondered why there were golden glimmers in the water as it dropped. We all had a good laugh. They hauled off thousands of fish in the water!

They dumped loads along the edge of a river bottom as a containment line. I've wondered if there are now goldfish in that creek...... So not saying it would happen in cases listed in the article, but I have first hand info of seeing how it could.
Well, Homer won't believe you but.......there it is!!?‍♂️
I rest my case.....

Well, Homer won't believe you but.......there it is!!?‍♂️
I rest my case.....
Oh....I understand a long line bucket under a helicopter can pick up fish.....but if the pilot is dumping his water load in water and not on the fire.....he won't be around long....I don't believe fish walk

Hey Homer?

Do You Know What A Fire Around A Tributary Is?

It's A Good Place To Dump Water & Fish!:D

Oh....I understand a long line bucket under a helicopter can pick up fish.....but if the pilot is dumping his water load in water and not on the fire.....he won't be around long....I don't believe fish walk

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom