Why i love Wyoming

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-13 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]Its great to wake up and go hey I'm going for a ride today. Went looking for elk and turned up a few in the distance and some really nice muleys. The grizzly in the middle of the trail was a nice surprise. He was snacking on some early berries. He didn't stay long and bolted out.

Also for all that come into Cody check out the new signs against wolves. They got some facts how no more moose exist and how the elk population has gone down 80% in some areas. I was glad to see them when I passed through Cody today with all the tourist.

A quick break

My trusty mare. she is a packing machine. The pack saddle that is on her is my own build. In high school I made it in woodshop. 7 years later it is still packing away

I live in wyo and hunt a lot off horseback also and cant get enough of the mountains. I love every minute of it!!!

>I live in wyo and hunt
>a lot off horseback also
>and cant get enough of
>the mountains. I love every
>minute of it!!!

Which part of wyo do you live in?

>NFH, do you live in Powell?
>

Yes I do.

And the ridges were dry. but in the timber it was super green. lots of berries and tall grass.

The bugs were horrible to. Had to stop a lot to spray the horses

We were up in Cody last week for the first time but, definitely not the last. We also saw that wolf sign. People need to get educated on the decimation to the deer, elk, and moose because of the wolves. We saw maybe 10 mature cow elk inside Yellowstone, NOT ONE had a calf in sight. Same goes for the 3 -4 mature muley does. Moose were nonexistent.

Thanks for sharing some great pics of that beautiful country.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-13 AT 07:02PM (MST)[p]I remember driving in the park years ago and elk were everywhere. Now you see nothing along the road or when you hike in. Got to drive to Mammonth to see the elk that live in town.

Looks like next Saturday I hitting the trail again to go find some bulls so I will take some more pictures

Was money for the sign put up by Sportsmen? I remember donating to a campaign for a sign like that about 2 months ago.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom