Wierdest stuff you drank/ate?

mntman

Long Time Member
What is the craziest stuff you have eaten or drank.

Myself-
1.barbecued pig eye balls. Had no taste but they felt like those squirt candies, rubbery on the outside and juicy on the inside.
2. Was good luck to bite the head off and then spit it out of the first smelt you got for the year, I was always so drunk, I'd end up eating a dozen or two of them.
3. the ol' childhood favorite, worms.
4. Used to eat the minnows out of the minnow bucket when I was two...

A friend of my dad's drank a bottle of doe-in-heat urine and also the intestine cord and gizzard of a grouse, he lifted it up like a piece of spagehtti and swallowed it.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

Porcupine liver and scrambled eggs. My Dad insisted I harvest the porcupine in the name of science while we were on a deer hunt in Modoc Co. Kali. I performed the liver ectomy with the skill of a surgeon. To his dying day he laughed about the tiny incision I made to remove it.

It was pretty strong but Dad ate all of it.

Eel

Bear sushi...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>What is the craziest stuff you
>have eaten or drank.
>
>Myself-
>1.barbecued pig eye balls. Had no
>taste but they felt like
>those squirt candies, rubbery on
>the outside and juicy on
>the inside.
>2. Was good luck to bite
>the head off and then
>spit it out of the
>first smelt you got for
>the year, I was always
>so drunk, I'd end up
>eating a dozen or two
>of them.
>3. the ol' childhood favorite, worms.
>
>4. Used to eat the minnows
>out of the minnow bucket
>when I was two...
>
>A friend of my dad's drank
>a bottle of doe-in-heat urine
>and also the intestine cord
>and gizzard of a grouse,
>he lifted it up like
>a piece of spagehtti and
>swallowed it.
>
>
>Mntman
>

Mntman, you and your buddies are certifiably at least a bubble off level.

what the heck is bear sushi? you didn't eat some bear meat raw did you?

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

In 1968, while on R&R in Sydney, there were these twin sisters who bet me.........

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-12 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]Whitebait. It consists of tiny, nearly transparent fish fry that migrate into the rivers of NZ only once a year. Whitebait is very expensive, selling for about $150 NZ per kilo.

http://www.cascadewhitebait.co.nz/

Whitebait is fixed a variety of ways, but our host on our tahr/stag hunt mixed them whole with whipped eggs, flour and spices, then fried them like an omelet. The concoction was delicious.

whitebait_sorting.jpg

f.JPG

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

>and....I should NOT have googled "balut"....jeezus
>feddoc....you win

Nickman has probably had some...it's just duck fetus.

>Hey ZIGGER-Did you drink it or
>just eat it??

I just gnawed on it a while NT....I didn't swallow it.

Bess just emailed a story that began with
"This one time, at band camp..."

I will let him tell the story.

I agree with Zigger, feddoc wins.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-12 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGj9o_Ec12A&feature=fvst

WTH? Eating duck beak and feet??? That is some gross crap!
Mntman

ZIGGER, piper says there are still lots of bearded clams. You just gotta dig deeper down through the mud.

Eel

ZIGGER is probably just a young fella, hasn't got it all figured out yet... give him time.
Mntman

They say, once you get past the smell, you got it licked........the balut that is.

I chickened out on the fifty year old duck egg!

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>Balut. Really a fine delicate
>food.

I cracked open the egg but couldn't take a bite!

Traditional >>>------->

I drank the "USC is going to be National Champions" cool-aid. Maybe not so weird but now it don't sit so well in my stomach!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I've eaten balut, and actually eat it quite a bit. It's a rumor that it's 50 years or whatever. Actually they really only eat them from 15ish to 30ish days. I really like them, just get over the sight of it and it tastes great.

>I've eaten balut, and actually eat
>it quite a bit.
>It's a rumor that it's
>50 years or whatever.
>Actually they really only eat
>them from 15ish to 30ish
>days. I really like
>them, just get over the
>sight of it and it
>tastes great.

......That would be WAY wrong. You cannot turn an egg THAT rotten in 15 to 30 days. It takes 21 days to develop the embryo to the point of hatching.

Either way, if you actually like them, you may need some serious intervention!

####-Off NVB!

If I could get adamsoa to Post a Clip of one of Our Locals on the Celebration of an Elk Harvest you'd nominate this Guy for Fear Factor!:D:D:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>what the heck is bear sushi?
>you didn't eat some bear
>meat raw did you?

Snort did eat some Bear Meat a little on the Sushi/I mean Rare side!

I offered him some Bear Steaks I had but he wouldn't touch em!

Now my Bear Steaks are gone!

Mine wasn't Sun Baked on a Rock though!:D

>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer? See Zeke for
>prime example....

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I have kind of made it a point, especialy when traveling to taste all types of foods. This includes buying strange roadside meals in foreign countries. This last year in zimbabwe a friend of mine and I stopped to grab some oranges, potatoes, and maybe some quailia birds at a highway intersect in the middle of nowhere. My friend knows that I try just about anying once so he asked for a bag of arrooha (sp?). The lady walks up to the truck with a small plastic bag of fried stink bugs. They cost one dollar and the lady laughed because I think I was the first honkey she had ever seen buy them. Long story short they tasted like someone had dropped a piece of rocksalt and some leaves in some really old french fry oil. I will not eat them again.

Served to me in Ecuador - my last meal in the country before I came home - FISH JELL-O.

Not kidding.

Raw, white-flesh fish from the coast mixed in a blender with plain Knox gelatin, served on a mound of white rice.

I ate two bites and claimed I was sick and could not continue.

My strangest food I've ever eaten would have to be elephant trunk stew. It was OK, kinda chewy, and I haven't been in a hurry to eat it again, even though I'd sure love to hunt elephants again.

My daughter ate BBQ'ed hampster in Peru. She said it is a common dish down there. She did NOT like it!

I've had Balut a couple of times (Travel to the Philippines for work a bit....). It's not for my taste, but the folks there LOVE it! lol

S.

:)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-12 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]"My daughter ate BBQ'ed hampster in Peru. She said it is a common dish down there. She did NOT like it! "

Ahhhhh the Richard Geer signature dish....... I heard it tasted like $h!t...... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom