Willard Peak Goat Hunt Guide Information

C

captjack73

Hi there, I drew an out of state willard peak ,1st season any goat hunt. I am looking for some information on a good guide who knows the area. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

No guide is neede for this hunt. All you need to do is find Mantua Utah. Then drive out of town going south on main street. Follow the dirt road for 14 miles to the end. Look at the peak just south of the end of the road. Goats hang out within a 1 mile raduis of the end of the road. I am from mantua and have hunted that area for 15+ years. How far out do you live from utah. I might have time to show you the goats. I ride atv's in the area all the time. I am curently working as a temporary employee and may not be working soon. So I may have lot of time to update you on the goats.

Thanks for all the replies. I live in oregon and could use any insight someone might have.

Dan bach

+1 no guide needed google earth the area.... You can probably pick out the goats. If not you can see the road that has been mentioned. The key is to not shoot one on the edge of the cliffs. There are a lot of steep box canyons on the west side of that peak. If you shoot one there make sure you have your climbing gear with you... or a good camera. It should be a great hunt for you.

You don't need a guide for that mountain. If you really are itching to waste some money hell send it my way I will show you a goat or two.

I don't know RoadLessHunter, but I do know what he wrote is true. I could see that someone could construe his comments as over simplistic or sarcastic, but they are not! Save your money, show up a few days early, and then kill your goat. There are some HUGE cliffs, so watch your footing!

I'm confined to a wheelchair, and was still able to go scout the goats with my buddy who drew. Save your money to put towards a mount. Plenty of local guys willing to take you up and show you the unit. Only reason for a guide would be to cape your animal, pack it out, and set up camp. If you can do those, you are set.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Heres a map of the unit. The red circle is rugged cliffs that hold billies, but ists nasty and you'll need climbing gear. The yellow circles are goat areas. Like mentioned, find Mantua and head south to the end of the road. PM me if you have questions.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.
7365willard_peak.jpg

This picture is from the end of road looking South at Willard peak. There are 2 dozen goats scattered on that face.
8074p1040040.jpg

Yelum, thanks for the diagram and picture. Everone has been real helpfull

Thanks agin
dan

Took a hike with family yesterday. We left pavement about 4:00 got to "end of road Parking area" about 5:00. Hiked from there to Benlomond Peak and back about 3 hours. Took wife, 11 yr. old, 8 yr. old, 6 year old all hiked by themselves. And took 20 mo old baby she was carried most of the way. Saw close to 100 goats from the main trail, over 50 in one bunch. Road up was a bit ruff, I would say a 4 wheel drive, SUV or pickup would be good. Few people park low and took wheelers up there. Great evening hike, except it did rain on way back to truck. Not the best pict. taken with cell phone.

9408imag1236.jpg

3462imag1238.jpg

I haven't been up there yet this year, I need to get up there in the next few weeks.

What a cool place. You can see sailboats on Great Salt Lake, south to Antelope Island, north to Cache Valley, and the entire Wasatch Front... all at the same time you are looking at B&C Mountain Goats.

Not many places like it.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom