Winchester model 70

sremim

Very Active Member
Do all Winchester model 70's have the hinged floor plate to unload the gun? I am looking at the model 70 Ultimate Shadow and can't find any information about it. Thanks.

My older M70 in 25-06 does but my newer Mod70 in 300wsm does not

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Not sure about the new ones I have 2 of the EW rifles and they do I have older Model 70 from the early 70s and it does not. I liked the blind mag but it was easier to use in a push feed with the locking bolt you need the unloading gate.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

If Winchester does not advertise a hinged floorplate in the specs for the rifle, you can be almost sure it does not have it. A hinged floorplate is considered to be a good option and most makers will list it for a paticular rifle.

RELH

Unless it's a classic rifle with nice wood I prefer no floorplate. I've built all my custom guns with a blind magazine, lighter weight and feels better in your hand.

Model 70's with blind magazines go back to the 60's with the model 770 so it's nothing new.

I checked the Winchester firearms site and it clearly shows a picture of that rifle with a hinged floorplate.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom