Wireless pet containment

Butts

Ya didn't know where to post this..., but I have a shed hunting friend that likes to roam the rural area we call home. I think allot to find lady friends and to stake his territory. Very few neighbors.
I like the fact of him always being Able to work his legs and be not confined to the kennel,but the simple fact of matter is he will end up dead if he continues his nightly runs.
Any real world experience s with these wireless pet containment systems on the internet?? Thanks-

I run a petsafe system for my labs. It works as designed. One dog requires the high setting to keep him contained. The other will stop at the beep

We tried to use the underground wire type. Don?t waste your money on those. We went to the pet safe wireless system several years ago and have never looked back. They work awesome. Ours does anyway. Only thing you have to watch out for is the batteries going dead in the collar. Our dogs figure that out real quick.

Used a petsafe one for years. Worked good took a little bit for the dogs to figure it out. They will get zapped a few times during the learning process. One time when I got home from work I couldn't find one of my dogs. Well I found him way out back getting the ##### shocked it out of himself.i think he got to close to the wire and didn't know which way to go so he just say there for good knows how long Poor guy. That never happened again tho because the first time it would beep he'd turn around and run. We had 2 labs that were around 80 lbs. Each. With that being said I've also seen my in-laws dog run right thru it on hi. So some of it depends on the dogs temperament and how bad he wants to roam.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-19 AT 03:41PM (MST)[p]I have a drathaar pointer that is a hard headed sob, keeps him home. Now the ladies come visit him lol. As said before watch the batteries, mine tries them daily. I had to borrow a friend's collar for a bit and put 2 on him but he only tried that a couple times and he's back to one now. When I leave town I take it with me, even camping as long as there's power he learns the boundary fast.

41390snapchat1224252389.jpg

His name is goose, he's earned the name goosifer.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-19
>AT 03:41?PM (MST)

>
>I have a drathaar pointer that
>is a hard headed sob,
>keeps him home. Now the
>ladies come visit him lol.
>As said before watch the
>batteries, mine tries them daily.
>I had to borrow a
>friend's collar for a bit
>and put 2 on him
>but he only tried that
>a couple times and he's
>back to one now. When
>I leave town I take
>it with me, even camping
>as long as there's power
>he learns the boundary fast.
>
>
>
>
41390snapchat1224252389.jpg

>His name is goose, he's earned
>the name goosifer.
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Kenny I didn't know you had such good taste in dogs!

Used to run short hairs but picking up waterfowl hunting and moving to nd I needed a different more versatile dog. He does it all really well.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Did you get him in Vernal before you moved ? My pup will be a year old tomorrow. I got him from a guy in Vernal.

I bought him in vernal yes, but it was after I moved. My wife insists we keep going back to visit, so we're down there fairly often.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

We have used the underground wire type for many years and it has been awesome. Several labs, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Anatolian Shepard, and now two Great Danes. We absolutely love it. They've all learned the perimeter (3 acres) in one day and respect it from then on. People think it's cruel but they get zapped once and they're done. The alternative is they get hit by a car or I keep them chained or penned up all day. This way they get to roam the whole place freely and safely.

Brad

Another vote for petsafe. real quick training time and works great. Travel perimeter and shock intensity can be adjusted.

hwy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom