Withdraw/Modify Application

drake2h

Folks,

Just found out I drew a sheep tag in Idaho that will be my focus during September and October, and the Wyoming antelope hunt I applied for probably won't get the attention it deserves. Can you guys remind me of the policy for modifying my hunt choice to points only or withdrawing my application entirely? A link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-13 AT 06:27AM (MST)[p]Follow the instructions in the following paragraph below if you want to modify or completely withdraw your application. It sounds like you will withdraw completely and if you do that they will keep your money and not send you a refund until sometime in July after the late June drawing is held. Then go into your account again sometime between 7/1 and 9/30 to buy your PP that will be good in the 2014 drawing. You only have until 5PM Mountain time this Monday (6/3) to withdraw. When you hit the modify button it will give you the choice of doing that or hitting the withdraw application. If you withdraw, you will be out the $14 application fee and a $5 processing fee. Good luck on the Idaho sheep hunt, as I would also devote all my time to that and do antelope at a later time!

Modifying your Hunt Area and Hunt Type Prior to the Drawing
Applications submitted on the WGFD website may be modified on the WGFD website. This feature is also available for paper applications once the application data is entered in the system. Go to the Department's website at http://wgfd.wyo.gov and choose ?Enter a License Drawing? under the ?Hunting? tab. Enter your sportsperson information and hit ?submit.? Click on the ?View Previously submitted Applications? button and then the ?Modify? button and then select the ?Continue to update areas and types? button. You will not be able to modify the fee type for which you have submitted your application. For example, you can't change from a regular to a special or a reduced price to a full price or vice versa. The party originator must make the modifications to party applications. Modifications to party applications may also be submitted to the License Draw Section by fax at 307-777-4679 and must include the sportsperson identification number and the applicant's signature. The deadline for modifying hunt areas and types on applications is listed in the Resident and Nonresident Initial Drawing Application

Hi TOPGUN,
Great info to the original post...I thought you might be able to answer some questions about the process. Does the returned tag then go into the leftover tag pool and become available this summer in the leftover draw?

I went to apply my wife and I for antelope and set a reminder on my calendar on the deadline date (in case got busy I would get it done last minute) only to find out they close the draw at 5:00 pm and not midnight and I missed the deadline (I know better, I've been working quite a bit and messed up on a couple of draws this year).

I'm hoping to pick up a leftover antelope tag in WY but I'm unfamiliar with the process. My wife and I had a blast 2 yrs ago on DIY hunt in unit 76, we're building pp and been wanting to get back there or anywhere in WY to hunt again. Are most leftover tags generally speaking doe tags or are there buck tags in units that are not considered trophy units available? I'm not trying to pry for any insider info on tags just some info on if there is a reasonable chance to draw a tag or two, and is there some homework I could do increase our chances at finding a unit and picking up a antelope buck tag...I've pulled the 2012 draw results from Res, NR, and NR special, I couldn't find the 2013 results, maybe they're not posted yet. I started combing through the data on "any antelope", looking at the quota and number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice issued last year.

I'm guessing there might be a mad dash for leftover buck tags when they start selling them so I need to do some homework and have a few options ready when they do go on sale. Any help about the process and how to prepare would be very appreciated...thanks and good luck on any hunt you may have drawn this year!
Bret

Thanks Bret! First off, the draw won't even be held and the results posted until about the last week of this month. At about the same time as the results come out, the G&F website will also have the entire list of leftover licenses available up on the website. All you need to do is to highlight "HUNTING" and then click on the leftover license tab to get all the information for the units and what is available. One unit that I'm aware of that will have a ton of both buck and doe antelope licenses available is unit 23 to the southwest of Gillette. It's not an easy hunt in the BLM lands that are available over in the nw and sw sides of the unit, but it's doable if you put your mind to it and your boots on the ground. There are probably some other units that will have some buck licenses available like unit 20 usually does and you'll just have to look and do your homework before they go on sale on a first come, first served basis. The buck licenses go on sale at 8AM (Mountain time) on 7/10 and the doe licenses on 7/17 at that same time. If you have any questions or need help, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to give you whatever time it takes to get you up to speed and out on the ground hunting in Wyoming with your wife this Fall!

TOPGUN,
Thanks, that explains why there wasn't 2013 data up yet, I thought the draw was over. This helps a great deal thank you! We scoured over walk-in areas last time before we left to get ideas of where to start. We did a ton of walking last time and she found it challenging...I had the most fun just watching her get worked up and mutter words that I use in the shop or outside when no one is around, when they blew out of the country. I'll PM you in July and let you know how it all came together! Thanks again!
Bret

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom