Wolf Hearing in Denver

I attended. That was one of the more painful things that I have done in a long time. The pro-wolf crowd dominated the meeting. I haven't seen that many misinformed, uneducated, clueless people in a long-long time. The pro-wolfers played about every trick in the book. They sent their children up to speak, one of them posed as a hunter, then denounced the de-listing, some of them cried as they spoke in front of the panel. They cheered for each other as they spoke, they high fived, they slapped each other on the back. Hunters were called every bad name in the book. I actually felt sorry for the Lead Biologist from the US Fish & Wildlife Service, he had to sit there for 2 and half hours and listen their inaccurate statements. My favorite speaker of the hearing was a gentleman who claimed to be a Colorado native. He stood up at the microphone and told the panel that "Wolves don't eat other animals. They just eat berries, roots and nuts. They don't kill other animals, they wouldn't do that!". There was absolutely no concern mentioned for big game herds at the hearing. The focus was 100% on wolves, their numbers, their recovery and their protection.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-13 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]We need to support the gray wolf de-listing. We have until December 17th of this year to submit comments.

go to
http://www.regulations.gov/

In the Search field enter the following: FWS-HQ-ES-2013-0073

Click on the "Comment Now!" button on the right hand side of the screen to enter and submit your comments.

If you click on the title string to the left of the "Comment Now!" button - "Removing the Gray Wolf (Canis lupus) from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and..." you can see a summary of the proposal that you're commenting on.

This is the least that we can do for the big game herds in the west.

Thanks for he link as I will be sending a few comments their way.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

>Thanks for he link as I
>will be sending a few
>comments their way.
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

Same here.

Found this link from the link above. Very interesting stuff.

Might be a group I can support. They are talking about attacking the ESA and doing so through state rights, landowners rights and under sound biology.

Check it out. It is nice because it is not a bunch of angry hunters.

http://perc.org/articles/nature-undisturbed

First I have heard of PERC

Kudos to you guys that either attended or sent in comments. Too bad you are in the minority.

It never ceases to amaze me how 95% of hunters do ABSOLUTELY nothing to protect the pastime we so dearly love.

Too bad we are more interested as a group in how big Joe's buck was than actually doing something that might benefit future hunting.

Though I am from Wyoming, I will send in my comments as well.

I was not able to make the hearing due to being out of town on business, but i will be sending my comments and spreading the link above as much as possible.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-13 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]>Kudos to you guys that either
>attended or sent in comments.
>Too bad you are in
>the minority.
>
>It never ceases to amaze me
>how 95% of hunters do
>ABSOLUTELY nothing to protect the
>pastime we so dearly love.
>
>
>Too bad we are more interested
>as a group in how
>big Joe's buck was than
>actually doing something that might
>benefit future hunting.
>
>Though I am from Wyoming, I
>will send in my comments
>as well.

+1 and thanks.

Everyone would rather blast this guy or biotch about some pro-hunting orgs than stand and fight the wolf battle.

We're a weird bunch and most guys will just sit on their hand.

I sent my written comment and an email comment long ago.

Zeke

Take it from me, an Idahoan. Don't let them bring wolves into your state. If you sit back and let it happen, it is just as much your fault as it is the tree huggers.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

+1, mickey. The link provided by COBUK will take you where you need to be, and is very user friendly. It took me as long to make my comments as it did to make this post.

COME ON, GUYS!!! This is something you need to do! Wolves are not beneficial to big game. 3 weeks left to comment.

GIT'R'DONE!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-13 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]I just posted my comments in favor of de-listing. That website must be run by the same people who have F'ed up the unaffordable health care act website, as it took forever to load. For the longest time, I just got a 'Loading' message.

Here is the comment I left: I am writing in support of removing the Gray Wolf from the list of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife due to their tremendous expansion of both total numbers as well as range occupied by wolves. The de-listing decision needs to be based on comprehensive, responsible science, NOT EMOTION, and I believe that science firmly supports a de-listing of the Gray Wolf.

I also oppose any further introductions of Gray Wolves into other states, or any specific protections of Gray Wolves in states where they were not originally introduced, and thus, outside the scope of the original proposal for introduction. States such as Oregon, California, Utah and Colorado should not be saddled with the burden of managing or protecting a species that has not historically existed within their boundaries. My belief is that any wolf occurances in these states should be treated the same as Wyoming treats wolves occurring outside their designated "trophy" zone, i.e. as unprotected predators.

Politically motivated management, as in total protection, of wolves has come at the significant detriment to ungulate populations everywhere that wolves occur. The time has long passed where wolves should be accorded the same ESA status as every other species that is no longer in danger of extinction. De-list the Gray Wolf.

COBUK, your hit the nail on the head about the wolf lovers!! Myself and 4 other Outfitters attended,arrived hour early, but did not get the opportunity to testify!! Wolf Lovers had it planned out so they would be the only ones testifing! The next
night in Abq, NM. the Wolf Lovers were out numbered!! Wish that would have been the case in Denver!!

"Please note that submissions merely stating support for or opposition to the actions under consideration without providing supporting information, although noted, will not be considered in making a determination."

Comments, pro or con, mean absolutely zero unless you provide documentation supporting your position.

"Most informed people support de-listing the gray wolf" will be ignored. "The attached petition with 10,000 signatures" might be considered. "The attached study showing the frequency of wolf predation on livestock" would definitely get considered.

While listening to wolf lunatics spew at a public comment meeting might not be any fun, it will have no impact on the outcome of the agency's decision.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom