Wolf Hunting in WI Perhaps

cheeseheadinOHIO

Jan 14, 12:57 PM EST

Wis. Conservation Congress considers creating wolf hunt season
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin's Conservation Congress plans to ask outdoors lovers whether the state should create a wolf hunting season.

Federal officials removed the gray wolf from endangered lists in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan in March 2007.

The Conservation Congress plans to present a question to sportsmen at its annual spring meetings in April stating gray wolves have made a comeback in Wisconsin and the population will continue to grow. It goes on to ask whether the state Department of Natural Resources, the Legislature and the congress should set up a wolf hunt.

The congress is an influential group of sportsmen that advises the DNR.

I was reading the wolf plans on the us fish & wildlife page and from what I remember reading it sounds like WI will support/use public hunting as a tool.

Minnesota on the other hand isn't using public hunting/trapping for at least 5 years after the federal delisting. I think it's setting a bad example for future states that submit wolf control plans.
Minnesota also isn't setting a maximum number of wolves they are only having a minimum # that will be set (1600). Last number they counted was 3020 in winter of 03-04.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom