Wolf??

troutcarver

I was on a four wheeler ride last week North Of Soda Springs Idaho when I stopped and smelled something rotting. I followed the smell and this is what I found.
My first thought is well maybe it could be a Wolf but I think it could be a big sheep dog. So what are your thoughts?

5503100_1148.jpg

5300100_1145.jpg

2508100_1146.jpg

160100_1147.jpg

The legs look long like a wolfs. I would say it is a wolf hopefully one that got some lead poisoning and doesn't count against the quota.

That's a good one. Initially I thought it looks like a wolf but I think its nose and head is a little short and I always thought wolves have a longer, more narrow head. Hard to say though, does kinda look like a sheep dog. Did you check out the size of his paws?

That's what I like to call the 2 S's : Shoot and shut up. Don't get caught with a shovel in your hand!

Looks like a wolf but hard to tell for sure.

Its a wolf for sure. When an animal dies the fat/meat content on the body rots and its leaves (especially) the head looking smaller than normal.

I would turn it in to verify and once confirmed...have a party!!!

muleyman

oh it's a sheep dog alright
and an elk dog
and a moose dog
and.............

nice post/thanks for sharring

The snout does look short for a wolf, but I'm not saying that it isn't one.
I wouldn't report it either, because you really aren't sure ;)!
But with this now posted up, the "cat", so to speak, is out of the bag and someone is going to run with it!

>Maybe it's not really dead.

I know overton, you and RELH want to dump some kerosene on it and light it. I know.

Wolf! Party time!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Here is the update on the photos. The Idaho Fish and Game contacted me to ask me where the pictures were taken I told them where to find the carcass. They sent a couple of guys out yesterday. I received a call shortly after that. They had confirmed it as being Great Pyrenees Sheep Dog. He even said that just looking at the pictures it looked like a wolf. I was a little disappointed but glad to have the confirmation. It would have been the first documented case of a wolf in the area he was telling me.

wheeeew! i thought i was busted there for a minute. next time u find one of those please remove the 22 slug from its guts for me.

btw; all g&f departments patrole this site like a hawk. everytime i've even joked about breaking the rules f&g is right in the middle of it. heck a f&g officer hunted me down in the field in utah last year the day after i comolained about being harassed. he didnt even know where i was hunting. thosw guys are good.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

2 things stinkbug ain't joking about:

1-The UDWR tracking him down while in Utah last Fall.
&
2-Shootin animals in the Guts,lol!}>}>}>

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom