Wolves NE of Springville ?

nebo12000

Just recieved an e-mail from the DWR concerning a sighting of 4 wolves in a remote area north east of Springville by Federal Fish and Wildlife Services personel in a helicopter. They are going to attempt to net capture one or two of them today (March 7) to test them to make sure they are not wolf hybrids but are genetic matches to the Yellow Stone transplants. The DWR has no jurisdiction over them in this area because they are a Federaly Protected Species. They are going to publish the article in todays newspapers.

Like I said in the other 3 posts about this WE (UTAH) ARE SCREWED!!!!!!

Where are the hardcore rebels and why are the wolf/dog hybrids still there?

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-12 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]There have been sightings in diamond Fork also!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-12 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-12 AT 10:58?AM (MST)

they are still there probably because the anti hunting do gooders are raising the hybrids and turning them loose, they turn totally wild in 2 weeks, this is what happened in Idaho. I have heard that people up there are now practicing the three s' on them. I have also heard that some are intentionally aiming to far back on them and they die a slow death a long ways from where it happened, this is so sad ..............for the deer,elk & moose.
anybody else heard of any other type of bad things that people have been doing to stop this on there own? I am just curios and I don't repeat rumors to other hunters If they don't hear me first time I don't tell again.

Do people honestly think another hunter is going to turn you in if they see you shooting one of these POS? If I see somebody doing it, I'm running right over there and taking them to lunch!

It's always an adventure!!!

Ive herd wolves in the spanishfork area a few times and know a few gents who have seen some up while rideing near red hollows so yes they are here and have been here for at least 3 years that i know of.

Of course the SOB's were planted it's probable going on all over this State. If I find one I'll do the right thing and many others I know will too.

Planted? That's unlikely but they have ranged into that area from the core recovery area. The wolf has been doing it for years now. (but I'm sure these are just hybrids. wink, wink)

Now that the feathers are out of the pillow and it will be hard to get them all back. The problem will be ongoing because of the protected status (and the "recovery" areas).

Zeke

So Zeke. Planted or not do you believe they are Canadian grey wolves? If they are Canadian Greys they should have no protection right? As the usfws are violating their own laws allowing a non native species to propagate in Utah. They might as well plant red stag Russian boar, jaguars and everything else. And yes I believe but have no proof these bastards were planted and more have probably been dumped out. Mexican grey native. Canadian grey non native should be destroyed asap. To my knowledge the yellowstone disaster are Canadian grey wolves.

I agree. I also think they're just dogs and we should shoot ferral dogs on sight.

Zeke

>I agree. I also think they're
>just dogs and we should
>shoot ferral dogs on sight.
>
>
>Zeke

Well put! Point well taken.

Anyone heard how the big bad wolf round up went today? If they put collars on em it will harder to mistake them for big coyotes. Too late now.

It's a well known fact that the guy that lives at the mouth of Diamond Fork Canyon had hybrid wolves that got out. He was proud of the fact. I know a couple of them got lead poisening and there were some that never were accounted for and rumor says he has turned out more. He's a piece of work this guy! It's fact that there were a couple of them shot. So having them planted by some over zelous tree hugger like this POS is NOT a far stretch by any means.

It's always an adventure!!!

We ran on to the State trapper up on the north slope, he was camped at the millcreek ranger cabin. Came by to see if we had seen his dog, real nice guy(no governor he did not take the beer we offered him). Anyways there are rumors of wolves in Chalk Creek, so I said his dog is probably wolf food. He got kinda sheepish and said there were no wolves in Utah. We laughed, and then started telling him about the sightings up there and he just repeats over and over there are no wolves in Utah, just wild dogs. Needless to say there are wolves in the Uintahs and Chalk Creek, which the trapper says are dogs(yeah governor he followed the script). Not suprising they are heading south.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

They've been in Chalk Creek since at least 2007 and there is still a pair, a black male with twice the body size of the gray female he's roaming with (they've been spotted several times the past 5 years)...I'm sure they're everywhere now...I hope anyone who sees them guns the f'ers down!! Like Jim said, I'll buy you lunch if you do!!

~Z~

Here's the 'official' news report.....

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/news/42-ut ... imals.html

A few quotes...

"However, while the crew was following the tracks, they flew over the carcasses of three big game animals they believe the wolves, or wolf-dog hybrids, have been feeding on."

"One of the dead animals was a moose. The remaining two animals?one a deer and the other an unidentifiable big game animal?died earlier this winter."

I believe the 'unidentifiable' one was an elk........JMHO.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Not sure if it is to late or not but it may be worth the time for everyone to get the contact information for our state govenor and representatives and let them know how we feel about wolves in our state and that they are an invasive speices to this area. I don't have the contacts but after work I will spend the time finding out how to contact them and let them know if they want my continued support they need to address this issue now. There are enough people in this state with the same feelings as mine that our representatives will know they need to act swiftly if they want to stay in office. Not exaclty sure if this will work but it is a thought from a concerned dad that is worried about the hunting opportunities of his 3 boys when they are able to hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom