World Record Lope

kilowatt

World's Record Pronghorn Certified by Boone and Crockett

The largest pronghorn ever recorded has been certified by Boone and Crockett Club as a new World's Record.

The huge buck, hunted in Socorro County, N.M., in 2013, scores 96-4/8 B&C points.

3688bcwr.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

That's twice the size of many antelope killed. What a monster!
So question about the "ratty" looking cape. My son's 85" incher also had a tattered coat. Is that the true sign of an "old goat"?

>That's twice the size of many
>antelope killed. What a
>monster!
>So question about the "ratty" looking
>cape. My son's 85"
>incher also had a tattered
>coat. Is that the
>true sign of an "old
>goat"?
I think that was a Gov's tag and shot pretty early like June maybe.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen one that big! .....maybe a week from tomorrow will bring a trophy for me which will topple the world record. LOL
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 09:36?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-14 AT 09:36?AM (MST)

Yeah some of those southwestern governor's tags let you hunt the whole year. I will say that's about the prettiest looking buck though...love those horns...both over 18 inches! Gives us hope someday someone might break 100 inches!

This was one of the NM Gov tags from last year. They killed him the last week of July.

Pretty good growth last year in NM, my brother helped guide one of the other Gov tags and they killed this buck a few days after the WR lope.

91 1/8
3250photo.jpg

Oh ya, a 91 incher would do just fine for me too!
Sweet buck 73! I'll bet the hunter was stoked.
Thanks,
Zeke

I wouldn't know a WR from a 80" on the hoof while I was hunting. They all look huge me when they get that big and I can't score them on the hoof to save my life.
Couple of great pronghorns!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

Glad b&c finally certified this great buck! best looking , biggest , what else can be said, talked to (Mike Gallo the lucky hunter) and he is a much deserving person to hold the world record! congrats MIKE

Thanks! those two angle shot photo's really show where all the inches come from. Beast!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

nripepi said, "I've never seen one bigger!"

Not making fun, i just got a chuckle from your statement. I mean, it's a World Record, how could you? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Those are monstrous horns for sure. That poor buck looks like he was skin and bones. Must have burned a lot of calories lugging around those huge things on his head!

NRA Life Member

Lefties are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Brilliant! Great job all around, very well deserved...you guys are the best in the pronghorn world in my opinion

Cheers,

Adam

This is the result when a Buck with Great Genetics meets up with a Doe with Great Genetics. I don't think there is a more perfect pronghorn than this new record. Fantastic.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom