Wrapped VS Dipped?

bowhunter223

LAST EDITED ON May-26-10 AT 07:41AM (MST)[p]I have wrapped my arrows the past couple of years, but growing up my Dad always took the time to dip his arrows. I'm thinking of switching it up a bit this year on some FMJ's and dipping them.
What do you prefer and why?

I've always wondered about the "overlap" you get on occasion with the vinyl wraps not ending at the starting edge....ie. the wraps were not made for the EXACT diameter of YOUR arrow. I've never seen any accuracy issues, but it is always in my mind.

So, lets hear it. Wrapped or Dipped? Also, does anyone have a quick and proven dipping process they would share with me?

Thanks!

Wrapped for me. Never an issue with the very small overlap portion and I can always pull the wraps off and put new fletching on when I need to. Not so easy to do with dipped arrows.

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

Well if you have to have arrows refletched take them to your worst enemy, cause if you take them to your best friend they will hate you afterwards. I did one fletching job that had wraps and I swore like a sailor the entire time. Had to use some pretty strong adhesive removal (in fact I think this stuff was cancer causing materials), but I finally got the job done. I don't think I will ever do either since they are such a pain.
WVBOWAK

Dipped is a real nice way to customize arrows...if you have the time. I would think that dipping does add a little more weight to the arrow than wraps, but don't have first hand experience to know for sure.

For a quick wrap, I use the NAP Quickfletch (Speed Hunter ST). If you dont like the wrap, they peel right off with the fletching with zero glue mess etc.

The nice thing about these, is that you can try different styles of fletchings and all you need to know how to do is boil water.

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON May-29-10 AT 12:22PM (MST)[p]I like wraps. I think they make removal of fletching very easy. They also protect your shafts. Most of all your arrows look cool! here is my wraps for this year with 3" fusions.
2010-05-28_183357.jpg

I have never had wraps that were hard to take off. My wife's hair drier set on high.....heat em a bit and they peel right off! Took 20 to have all dozen wraps peeled off and arrows looking like new. An hour later I had them rewrapped and fletched! Next day I was shooting the arrows! Very easy to do using wraps.

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom