WWYWTWQT???HOW QUICK WE FORGET!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I was On a Jobsite!

The Quietest F'N Day I've ever Heard!

Not a Bird Chirping!

Not a Single Plane in the Sky Screaming!

A Sad Quiet Day I'll Never Forget!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Hard to imagine it was that long ago. I was in a meeting at Pax River, MD. Had a 1300 meeting with a friend at the Pentagon. He made it, but lost a few workmates.

Took us 3-4 days to get a KC-130 flight outta there. Me and about 4 of my coworkers riding alongside mebbe 10,000 gallons of jet fuel all the way to our base in California.

Things changed forever for every base.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I was on my way to work when the first plane hit and heard the breaking news over the radio.
When I got to work, several coworkers were gathered in the lunchroom where we witness the 2nd plane on live tv.

Unfortunately, it happened long enough ago that our youth and future generations weren't even born or were to young to care and it just doesn't matter to them.

See my Well never forget thread.
https://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/23046.html

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I was stuck at work in my filing room with just a radio. I just caught parts of it now and then. I heard some building was hit by an airplane...ouch! Then I heard the north (or south) tower collapsed. I pictured like a radio tower on top of the building. I thought BFD! It wasn't until I got home that afternoon before I really knew the scope of it.

Then Bush stood at ground zero and said the people responsible will hear from us soon. I'm still waiting.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-19 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]I had just flown to McAllen, Tx from Colorado to work in our company's Mexico manufacturing plant for the week. I was approaching the border when I heard the report on the car radio that a plane had hit one of the towers. A few minutes later they said a second plane hit so it was not just an accident. When I stopped at the border to get my work permit the border guard was pointing wildly at the TV screen to show me what was happening. I went on to the plant but turned around and headed back to the U.S. side when the news said they may close the Mexican border. Ended up spending the day watching CNN in my hotel room as it all unfolded.
Didn't close the border so I worked the rest of the week. Finally got a plane back to Colorado on Sunday after several flight cancellations. People were keeping their rental cars in case they had to drive home and some from New York drove all the way back as flights in that direction were not happening. Hard to believe it's been that long already. Will never forget!

I will never forget, I remember turning the channels and getting a Spanish channel and was much more graphic especially watching people jump out of those buildings.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom