WY Moose

Salmon

Hello Guys, Wanted to know if anyone would be willing to give me some advise about moose hunts? I am a NR with 12 points going into the draw this year. Can hunt from Oct 1st till the 15th. We are (older) 60+ but have hunted elk for some years and don't need a wheelchair yet. Have wall tent,stove etc. No horses or ATV;s. If anyone is willing to suggest units that maybe could be drawn etc I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance....Tom

You are still probably a couple of years away from a good tag. You might draw a unit 22 tag this year or get lucky on a unit 27. 27 is an area you can hunt w/o horses or ATVs. But you'd have to wait and hunt 1-15 Nov instead as the big bulls migrate out of Utah during that time frame and are on Forest Service on the Wyoming side. 27 has smaller parcels of public land, perfect for your situation if you have two weeks...bring a game cart and an ice fishing sled to pack it out, good luck.

lets start with,25 yrs. ago I had hunted Moose many times with Friends & Family when residing in Mont.NO Problems with tasks before and but most importantly "AFTER" ...Now last year,with 13 P.P. inhand and at age of 62 decided and REMEMBERED the tasks needed,especially AFTER ... decided to go Guided.A very wise decision,it took 3 of US to attempt to Man Handle this BEAST.As always enjoy Your hunt,You have waited along time for this Experience.
9207img_0497.jpg

Salmon,
I think you'd do well to listen to all the great tips and advice. I know personally of at least 3 posters on this thread who have taken great bulls in Wyoming.
Use your points wisely! (I still think you might be a couple years away from a great tag, like 30Hart stated)
Best to you,
Zeke

Thanks Guys for your input. Might go back to the drawing board and rethink my options. After all this time want to make it a GOOD hunt with hopefully success. Any other info anyone has would be great....Tom

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom