Wy Sheep Pref point update

Cozmo8

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-07 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]Here is how I have it figured. These numbers are after the 2007 draw, not taking into consideration the 15 or so permits in the Random draw for 2007, and not knowing how many people dropped out because they did not pay for a preference point during the point application period ending Sept 30th. I think we will still see some more drop out of the top few point categories. Below those numbers is a forecast based on the number of hunters that dropped out of the pools between the 2006 and 2007 season. In Dec we will have a real good feel for what the dollar increase in bonus points did to the number of applicants in each pool.

12-107
11-285
10-211
09-188
08-216
07-816

My forecast

13-107
12-267
11-184
10-177
09-208
08-807

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-07 AT 02:26PM (MST)[p]Im thinking that there will be more dropped out for Moose, but I think that the numbers in Sheep and Goat will stay high with the number of low point holders will just about be all gone.

For Moose The people with lets say +10pp will stick and those with less will drop out..but then I have less than 10 and Im staying so...The wolf deal is just going to make me change areas I apply for.

I didnt like the long app period they have for points, I think you should just apply for points in the draw and be done with it..

I believe that there will be more fall-out due to the increase two years ago in the PP fee to $100. My forecast (non-res sheep) for 2008:

13-102
12-264
11-194
10-169
09-190
08-702

Yes, according to my crystal ball, even some Max Pt. holders will have bailed out over the increased PP fee (there have got to be a few who have gotten too old over the past 12 years since the PP draw began in 1995 to still climb for sheep, but they have hung around the PP draw since, up until two years ago, it only took $7 per year to play the game).

In 2006, WY sent out its PP letters on November 1. For 2007, I expect that WY will post the updated PP information on its website during the first week in November. We will then have a much better idea on draw odds for 2008.

HT

Horned Toad I was just trying to ballpark it. 18 max point holders dropped between 2006 and 2007 for sheep. It does not appear that the higher point holders are dropping as fast for moose for some reason. I hope your numbers are correct it gets me a little bit closer. Now maybe only 19 years instead of 21.

>Now maybe only 19 years instead
>of 21.

How about for me, with my 5 sheep points? ;-)

J/K, I know a snowball has a better chance in hell....

It's only money, though, and I'm young....

I wonder how long it will take me to draw with zero points, and not able to apply until 2012?:)

Me too dwalton, but at least we have something to look at on our wall in the meantime- now don't we??? By the way I'm jellous of yours mine "only" went 167.5 net. Keep applying boys it's worth it in the long run- 15 yrs in my case. Besides look at all the "free meat" you get.

Iam sticking it out, I have 8 points and have a big group with me. Roughly how many tags go to max point draw each year? I say I am at top in 15 years, trouble is I suspect wilderness areas require less points, thus I might be waiting longer to hunt DIY. Ahh well, have to stick some nice bull elk between now and then.

Horned Toad,

I am not able to find the update yet on the number of preference point holders per pool. Have you seen it on the website?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-07 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-07 AT 09:53?PM (MST)

No, I have not found the Pref. Pt. update summary either. I called WG&F several weeks ago and was told that the update would be posted to the web in "mid-November".

Individual applicants who applied for "Pref. Pts. only" for 2007 had their personal accounts updated on Nov. 1 to include the additional points.

I will call again tomorrow and try to learn when the update will be available. It will be interesting to learn how many applicants have dropped out over the increased Pref. Pt. fees.

HT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom