Wyo sheep,moose and goat

Just received an email from an outfitter and it has countdown till draw and it said 10 days 14 hrs 30 min and 04 sec and was counting down. So must be released on the 10th dang I was hoping this week. 3rd or 6th sounded good

I don't care if it's in July just give me a tag!
hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-01-16 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]http://s.mmgo.io/t/UHM
This is from outfitter hope they are just going off tentative date lol

LAST EDITED ON May-02-16 AT 03:28PM (MST)[p]>Looking forward to that check in
>the mail!!

No check from now on, as they will now be putting the money back on your CC.

>I will be receiving a check.
>

So what happened with your CC that they won't be able to refund to it and will have to waste money on a check?

I get how much money it will save Wyoming but man I sure liked getting that check so my rewards credit card wouldn't take away my points! Lol.

>>I will be receiving a check.
>>
>
>So what happened with your CC
>that they won't be able
>to refund to it and
>will have to waste money
>on a check?

Why do you give a sh1t?

I'm not sure but I had to withdraw my sheep app and thought I read that it would be refunded with a check. Still in for mnt goat and wife and son are in for moose!!!!

>>>I will be receiving a check.
>>>
>>
>>So what happened with your CC
>>that they won't be able
>>to refund to it and
>>will have to waste money
>>on a check?
>
>Why do you give a sh1t?
>

Why make a post just trying to stir up trouble?! FYI if you would like to know it's because I try to help people on this Forum and many still don't know that the refunds are going back on their CC this year. I just figured he might have had his CC hacked or maybe might not know refunds are going onto the CC and wondered why he thought a check was coming. Pretty simple really!

LAST EDITED ON May-05-16 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-05-16 AT 12:03?PM (MST)

Yup py mulies is correct so few people can be happy or many sad.

okay.....no more posts on this until someone has some concrete data in relation to the draw. Saw 4 more posts this AM and got about half giddy! Good luck to all.

Dang woke up this morning headed right for G&F site to see a banner that said results at 10am may 6. Guess better go back to sleep!!!

A member on another forum said he called G&F and said the 10th. I think they just tell people that to ease there minds but we will see.

Due to the G&F having to waste money on sending me a check (hacked credit card), the results will not come out early. (sarcasm implied)

May 10th at 10am. Best of luck to everyone!

LAST EDITED ON May-07-16 AT 04:53AM (MST)[p]Yup looks to be the 10th. I think G&F getting more cautions since the few mess ups they had in draws past.

I don't know why I keep following this thread since I'm no longer in the running for sheep and moose and didn't apply for goat.

My reasons must be to help celebrate with those who draw. Good luck!

Zeke

By this time Tuesday, I will know if I have to get into "sheep shape" for the upcoming season. I have been hitting it fairly hard this Spring but each year is a little tougher.

just sayin...mh

>By this time Tuesday, I will
>know if I have to
>get into "sheep shape" for
>the upcoming season. I have
>been hitting it fairly hard
>this Spring but each year
>is a little tougher.
>
>just sayin...mh

You're at the top of my list of guys I'm waiting on to hear about your sheep tag! Horniac is another one since I "stole" his tag last year.

Zeke

Mark,
It's a big list and you're at the top too!
Don't be disappointed in me for not giving you a shout-out.
Those two guys are closer to sheep ...and you should be closer to moose so it should all be good.
Zeke

>By this time Tuesday, I will
>know if I have to
>get into "sheep shape" for
>the upcoming season. I have
>been hitting it fairly hard
>this Spring but each year
>is a little tougher.
>
>just sayin...mh

Good luck MH. Im sitting on 15 points or sheep and moose... I know a few guys that have 18 points and still cant draw

>>By this time Tuesday, I will
>>know if I have to
>>get into "sheep shape" for
>>the upcoming season. I have
>>been hitting it fairly hard
>>this Spring but each year
>>is a little tougher.
>>
>>just sayin...mh
>
>You're at the top of my
>list of guys I'm waiting
>on to hear about your
>sheep tag! Horniac is another
>one since I "stole" his
>tag last year.
>
>Zeke

It's all good Zeke! Thanks for your kind words. It cost me a little coin but I am going sheep hunting (albeit a white sheep north of the border) this year for sure whether the draw gods are good to me in WY or not!

Horniac

Even though the draw results aren't out yet there was someone over at Bowsite that already had the WY draw odds reports for the 2016 sheep, moose, and bison draws. I had 50% odds this year at my point level for the sheep unit I applied for according to that report so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

Well, If I read the draw odds info correctly....I drew Unit 1 Moose! The next two hours waiting for confirmation are gonna be long.....

Dean

I don't see draw odds yet, but I have a successful for Moose area 33-36 and 40. Thanks to all who gave me advice on here.

>are the draw odds up???

You can find the "unofficial" draw odds reports over in the sheep forum of Bowsite...

Horniac

use the bing search engine and type in Wyoming Draw Results and you will be able to check.

Unsuccessful
Unsuccessful
Unsuccessful

>>are the draw odds up???
>
>
>
>You can find the "unofficial" draw
>odds reports over in the
>sheep forum of Bowsite...
>
>Horniac

I saw those unofficial results... or at least the draw odds. They looked pretty official to me and the %'s seem right for the areas that I know about.

Zeke

No sheep tag for me. Point creep. Last year, everyone with 15 preference points drew the tag. This year, some with 16 preference points didn't draw the tag. I still anticipate spending time this summer scouting sheep. If anyone with a tag in Area 1, is interested in what I find, let me know.

just sayin...mh

>No sheep tag for me. Point
>creep. Last year, everyone with
>15 preference points drew the
>tag. This year, some with
>16 preference points didn't draw
>the tag. I still anticipate
>spending time this summer scouting
>sheep. If anyone with a
>tag in Area 1, is
>interested in what I find,
>let me know.
>
>just sayin...mh

Well that sucks! I was pulling for you.

>>No sheep tag for me. Point
>>creep. Last year, everyone with
>>15 preference points drew the
>>tag. This year, some with
>>16 preference points didn't draw
>>the tag. I still anticipate
>>spending time this summer scouting
>>sheep. If anyone with a
>>tag in Area 1, is
>>interested in what I find,
>>let me know.
>>
>>just sayin...mh
>
>Well that sucks! I was
>pulling for you.

+1
Now where are the rest of my MM friends? Probably working when they should be checking draws and posting on MM and texting/calling me!
Zeke

SUCCESSFUL - I drew unit 19 with 20 points. Yoo-hoo... I'm going sheep hunting, one last time.

Only four of the thirteen non-res participants with the maximum of 21 points applied for 2016, and all four went for the one tag in unit 12. There were seven applicants with 20 points for the two non-res tags in unit 19. I'm glad my number came up before I could get another year older.

Good luck to all,

HT

>SUCCESSFUL - I drew unit 19
>with 20 points. Yoo-hoo... I'm
>going sheep hunting, one last
>time.
>
>Only four of the thirteen non-res
>participants with the maximum of
>21 points applied for 2016,
>and all four went for
>the one tag in unit
>12. There were seven applicants
>with 20 points for the
>two non-res tags in unit
>19. I'm glad my number
>came up before I could
>get another year older.
>
>Good luck to all,
>
>HT

That's awesome HT!
You deserve it for all your contributions (and because of your points, haha)
Not much attrition in the ole max pool this year!
Zeke

Mightyhunter - I was hoping you were going to draw your sheep tag this year.

Everyone in my family was unsuccessful.
Submitted 85 applications already this spring and have only drawn one turkey tag so far!!

Now we will have to wait and see how we do in UT and CO before WY deer and antelope applications are due at the end of the month.

I am going bighorn sheep hunting! 2nd attempt for a NR 8,23 sheep tag with 16 points this year. Just missed last year with 67% draw odds but this year was one of the lucky ones at 50% draw odds at my point level...

Horniac

No Bison for me. Anyone know why they don't do points for bison? They have points for everything else?

Horniac congrats on the sheep tag. You must know something the higher point holders don't as few if any try for that hunt. Keep us updated as your adventure plays out.

>Horniac congrats on the sheep tag.
> You must know something
>the higher point holders don't
>as few if any try
>for that hunt. Keep
>us updated as your adventure
>plays out.

There are no secrets in sheep hunting in this information age. The higher sheep-point holders know this area is one, if not the most, physically challenging sheep HA's in all of Wyoming (backpack) and the ram size is quite average or below (see harvest reports for size, days and success)....and a NR must pay an outfitter more money in that area than almost any other for just average harvest success. But it can be well worth it with a little luck.

And yes, it will be a glorious hunt for Horniac and he'll make the most out of it! No doubt about that.

Well done Horniac!
Zeke

>Thanks Horniac oh I mean Zeke
>the ventriloquist

+1
Sorry!
I got caught up in the moment for my friend Horniac.
Besides, I thought you wanted info but evidently only from him.
Mental note to self: don't get so excited.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON May-10-16 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]I know a guy who just drew his fourth sheep tag, exactly five years after he drew his third. I think it's time to go OIL.

>Horniac congrats on the sheep tag.
> You must know something
>the higher point holders don't
>as few if any try
>for that hunt. Keep
>us updated as your adventure
>plays out.

Thanks Cozmo8.

There's a reason that tag is near the bottom as to the number of NR preference points required to draw and I think Zeke summed it up pretty well as to why! He would know since he had the tag last year and hunted and killed a nice ram with the same oufitter that I am booking with. Also turns out another hunter I know had the tag in 2010 and killed a ram with the same outfitter so it can done.

There aren't too many options for a NR at my point level so I decided to try for a tag, even if it is considered a marginal sheep hunt/area. There was a push in WY a couple of years ago to cut the NR sheep tag quota in half, and under that scenario It is doubtful I would ever draw a sheep tag at my point level in the preference point draw in my lifetime. I was just about to draw the elk tag I wanted in AZ until they changed the rules on us NR high point holders this year. Decided it was time to cash in my points and get a sheep tag and go hunting before it was too late...

Horniac

Appy: agree on once in a lifetime for moose/goat/sheep/bull bison. There is a guy in our office that in just the last 8 yrs has drawn: random bull moose, bull bison, and this year another random bull moose AND mountain goat tag. Makes me want to question the G&F computer codes.

Good luck on that area. Make sure you stay on the public land there. The state sections have good sheep but the northern part of that area has some access through private land that is not expensive to get.

This is a good area no matter what you have heard. Lots of private land but great sheep come off of the public every year. If you are going outfitter you'll be fine. If DIY, and it's possible in this unit, be careful and stay off of the private you do not have access to. The area can be very rugged with steep, rocky "hills". Many people under estimate the canyon are for it's ruggedness. Congrats!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom