Wyoming antelope 2011

wyobackcountry

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice for an antelope hunt in 2011. I am a resident but my old man is not and I need a unit that has good draw odds for res and non res and one with public access, I don't want to pay tresspass fees. My old man is 70 and killed his first buck antelope last year but it took three points to draw the unit that I have drawn every year. I live on the western side of the state and know the draw odds aren't very good around my parts without any points but I'd really like to get him a better buck than the one he killed last year without waiting several years because i know our time in the field is
getting numbered. I'm okay with traveling across the state but the closer the better. I love hunting antelope but I've got a lot of good hunting years ahead of me, so I want the next few to be successful for him. We don't need booner lopes, just want to see lots of animals and have a good time.
Thanks for your help. WBC

Hornedtoad would have a good answer for you.
Start by checking the draw odds link at the top of this site.
It's very informative.

I'll be hunting the western side probably this coming season. A bunch of our family have "max" pronghorn points. It's time to cash them in.

Good luck and congrats for thinking of the older folks. We're people too! LOL

Zeke

Thanks! I have been using the MM draw odds as well as the G&F website plus numerous Internet searches. I just think all the research and statistics in the world doesn't mean anything compared to personal experience and first hand knowledge. Thanks to those that have helped.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom