Wyoming Frustration

Murdoc34

I put in for general tag G with 1 point and didn't draw as a nonres. Last year, there was 100% success for this tag with 1 point. Unbelievable! Anyways, how does the leftover tag thing work? Is there still a chance that I can get a tag? Thanks for your help.

Brady

wow! i gotta rub it in... i just drew a resident quota elk tag for the seventh straight year. sorry utah guys but i guess living in wyoming has its benefits.

>wow! i gotta rub it in...
> i just drew a
>resident quota elk tag for
>the seventh straight year. sorry
>utah guys but i guess
>living in wyoming has its
>benefits.

You get to hunt elk every year and marry your cousin? You are right, Wyoming has it all! LOL

Rut

I applied in the special draw with max points.For my 2nd choice The last 2 years i would have drawn a tag. this year i put in and nothing.

I KNOW GUYS THAT HAD A POINT WITH THE SPECIAL DRAW & STILL DID NOT DRAW A NON RES. DEER TAG IN REGION G.....YD.

Murdoc

I had one point going in as well for that same tag, you can blame me ;)

If you break down the raw data from last year you'll see we actually had pretty poor odds.

This should end up being and every 3-4 year tag, based upon the number of tags given and the number of applicants. I'll bet when the odds come out it will have to taken at least 2 to get a lock.

Thanks for the responses. My biggest frustration is a few of my buddies that drew the tag last year put in again with 0 points and drew the dang thing again. Oh well. COME ON IDAHO!!!!!

25% of the tags go to random draw, so you can draw with 0. It looks like 2 is a sure deal. I missed with 1 too... Looks to be a money saving year for me, unless ID and/or AZ are good to me. Actually, I still will hunt in ID even if I do not draw anything.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-08 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]
There are not the numbers of left over tags this year as in the past. Makes me wonder if tag numbers were reduced or more people applied this year.

I only drew a sheep, a bison, and a limited quota deer! No elk or antelope for 4 years running!!!! :-(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom