Wyoming Moose Unit 10

Skeet

Was wondering if anybody drew unit 10 last year and how the hunt was. I am thinking about cashing in my points this year. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Skeet

Did you harvest a bull? Did you see alot of moose? When did you hunt? Did you use horses, are they a needed for this hunt? Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks, Skeet

correction it was 2009 when I hunted. I hunted the last week of the season. I hunted with Josh Roth "Hoback Peak Outfitters" The reason I went with Josh is that he has horses and mules. Normally I would DIY but a moose is a big animal !!!! I passed on a bunch of moose and ended up taking one the last afternoon. I think the bull was just over 40 inches. I had passed on better bulls early in the hunt. I had seen a monster bull the year before on a DIY mule deer hunt and was looking for that bull. Are you thinking DIY or hiring someone. I know alot of the area pretty good so if you want more info just let me know.

I have horses and am considering DIY if I can gather enough info. I was thinking of hunting the first week of October. Any other advice you can give would be great.

yo ah logger;

What did you think of Josh's operation? Would you hunt with him again? etc. Yeh for moose or deer? Also, when you were moose hunting, how much more difficult would it be to use a bow?

Thanks,

Oh and skeet...I apologize, don't mean to hijack your thread, sorry. I'm one of those dozen or so guys that apply for 10 with a bunch of pts.

I have nothing bad to say about Josh . He runs a small outfit and has a nice camp. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Been in the area, but not in his camp. I've talked to him about a moose hunt. I like the idea that he's camped in the middle of the area and was wondering about the operation, so my question. I'm thinking that deer season is over (H) but the elk hunters are still around. Were there any other moose hunters (probably residents) up in the area? I've been in the Hobacks four times and only seen one wolf (which is way too many).

Crap! It's like we're running with a "almost moose tag" in our hand, wolves chasing it and time is running out.

It does seem like in the last ten years I see less and less moose there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom