Wyoming wolf Hunt meeting tonight

ishootaRUM300

Folks,

Tonight April 25th, 2012, at 7:30 pm, Wyoming Fish and Game Commission will be meeting to set season dates for wolf management in 2012.

The location of the meeting has been changed. Here is the information:

Oil and Gas Conservation Commission Bldg.

2211 King Blvd., Casper, Wyoming

Here is a link to an article from Wyoming Fish and Game on tonight's meeting: http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1000713.aspx

We encourage sportsmen to attend tonight's meeting and support of responsible wolf management in the state of Wyoming. Delisting of wolves in Wyoming is expected later this year. Wolf management in Wyoming, including Wyoming's first wolf hunt, should start sometime this fall. As many of you are aware, the path for delisting of wolves in Wyoming's was made possible by the addition of language to last year's Congressional budget bill explicitly protecting Wyoming's victory in court in the 10th circuit, before Judge Johnson. This important court victory was about much more than just wolf management. It also was an historic precedent for state's right to make wildlife management decisions without federal overreach. Subsequent agreements negotiated with US Fish and Wildlife Service by Wyoming Governor Matt Mead further set the stage for Wyoming's wolf delisting which is expected to be finalized later thisyear.

Thanks to each of you for your efforts. With you, we look forward to a full return of wolf management authority to the state of Wyoming.

--
I just got this from big game forever. I hope some of you guys from wyoming can make this and get this done. I would go if I was out west visiting but I am unable to make it.

I am just letting people know about the meeting hoping some people from wyoming can show up and help get this done. I would love to beable to shoot at one if I see one this year when hunting in Wyoming.

I hope Wyoming gets her wolf hunting season. I wouldn't recommend running out and buying a new rifle for the occasion just yet though.

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

A biologist I spoke with at the spring meeting said they were expecting a lawsuit to be filed sometime after the decision is made. Probably some strategy with the wolf nuts on when its filed to get an injunction that won't be reversed until most of the hunting season is over...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-12 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]You pretty much know that they are going to try. Here in Minnesota there is talk of pending lawsuits.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom