X-10

O

OCHunter

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-12 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p] New to MM and wanted to share photos of last years hunt. Yep, nephew got scoped good but made a nice shot. We were lucky enough to draw the x-10 again this year. I hear its not the hunt it used to be but if you hike in you will see things. Good luck everyone!
1484deer_1.jpg

6207deer_2.jpg

Welcome to MM and very nice first post!

...but i am curious, seems unusual, why did you guys swap bucks in the two photos?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Welcome! Those a nice Kali bucks.
Joey....Everyone likes to have their pic taken with a big buck!:)
It makes for good yarns when ya get old like me!

Both hefty bucks, Id be willing to sling some lead for both.Those bucks appear about 3-4yo and heavy bodied. Did the "general" herd appear to be in the same physical condition?

We did get them at the same time,on sunday of the opening weekend. We did'nt see much in the way of any sign on saturday.
Late sunday morning I moved to a different area an found a decent amount of track. I decided to go back to camp and come back to it that evening. I told my nephew about it and he decided to join me. The area was mostly uphill and just a mile from camp. We started up at about 4:30 and when we neared the small ridge I told him to go up and I would go around.After just a few minutes I heard a shot from his direction and shortly after that a buck came running across in front of me and I got a nice shot on him.I figured he missed. I started up to meet him and noticed the freshly bleeding scope ring around his eye and he said he got one.These two bucks were hanging out together.He did get the bigger buck but did'nt matter, they were both nice.I'm not sure what is unusual about swapping bucks in the two pictures, we took a number of photos. I doubt we'll have another hunt go down like that. Not sure about the "general" herd since those were the only bucks we saw that weekend.

Thanks, nice hunt recap.

I just thought it unusual as have been on dozens of hunts where others have gotten buck(s) and yet i don't believe there was a instance where in a group pic, i would have poised in front of another guys buck and/or he would poise in front of mine. Individually yes, for posterity i guess, but that's just the way we do it.

Congrats again!

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom