X-9A

B

buckbuster64

any body have a tag or been to X-9A,just need some input on how many pref. pts does it take to draw a tag (Rifle)

I hope your right,because i will have 4 next year,and thing of burning them on this tag.Hunted there many a year ago,hope there is some good Bucks left.....Thanks

Rick....go to dfg website or pick up the hunting application mag at walmart! will help with all points and draw info!
good luck in C zone!
we need weather!
rm

Hey thanks,sometimes i think i so smart i'm dumb,did'nt think of that.Yea your right on the weather,just don't need before season.Good luck on your Hunt..Rick

Hey good,glad to here it.Could you let us know how it went on your Hunt........thanks

just got back, shot the only buck i saw ,,,, a nice fat fork, seemed to be pretty slim pickins to me, saw 14 deer total with the one buck ,,,,,,,, wife caught a hell of a fish out of convict lake ,,,, have a couple of pics i'll post after she does her camera thing,,,, was a ok hunt worth 3 points? boy i dunno

Hey man glad to hear your good news,look at it this way you could have bagged a big fat(o).Looking forward to the pics

very true, was a good trip deer numbers just seemed pretty low

48f11b0b587a108c.jpg

48f11b6f5b43918b.jpg

48f11b9b5ca4e744.jpg

48f11bc15d8d29b6.jpg

48f11c0a5f49e434.jpg

well i hope this worked

48f11c9761ee7074.jpg

48f11cb46268b9cf.jpg

saw an osprey get a fish, also saw a bald eagle get a fish at rock creek lake, and there was a hec of a rock slide when we were there that was pretty cool to see,,,, only saw a couple of other people hunting, i got the fork out in the sage,,,,, so overall was a good trip although any trip is a good trip :)

Hey man great pics,and like i say you &yours had a good time &that is all that matters...........Dam good fish..if i remenber right the deer migrate out into the desert off the ridges.A lot of them might have already moved.

My cousins both got bucks this year in x9a. They saw 7 legal bucks. And 2 other friends got bucks.

Thanks for the input,If you don't mind what part or where about's did they hunt???????????

>Thanks for the input,If you don't
>mind what part or where
>about's did they hunt???????????

Im not exactly sure, but they didnt do much hiking. I didnt go with them when they went, or i would tell you. I think down by the Owens river. Maybe. I cant wait to draw that tag though. My family goes to Mammoth every year almost, and we always see deer.

Yea,i know what you mean.I lived in June Lake for three years saw bok-koo deer and also saw some decent bucks,but havn't been hunting there in 30 years so things change.So i am getting all the input in that area i can get..........thanks Rick

3 Points should get ya a X9-A tag. At least my father & son are hoping 3 with be enough. The zone has been a little fickle these last 5 years. Last year seems to be a decent season with several nice bucks taken. But in 08 & 09, there were plenty of hunters eating their tags.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-11 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]>Yea,i know what you mean.I lived
>in June Lake for three
>years saw bok-koo deer and
>also saw some decent bucks,but
>havn't been hunting there in
>30 years so things change.So
>i am getting all the
>input in that area i
>can get..........thanks Rick

My cousin was looking at a nice 3x4 up there but he wanted to look at it with the spotting scope before he shot. Right before he was about to pull the trigger it ran over the hill. Then a group of 15 hispanics saw it go over the hill and ran over the hill and shot it before my cousin could even get over there. He was very mad. He ended up with a 16" 3x2 though

I drew this year with 2 pt. I had three buddys who draw last year and they all three shot nice bucks and also saw a bear but didn't have a tag. I will be up there for the opener and closer if i dont fill my tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom