"Y" mountain sell off

fishon

Very Active Member
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=14...chaffetz-looks-to-preserve-land-by-y-mountain

This should not be allowed to happen without a clause that guarantee's access on the trail to the thousands of acres above and around it that are accessed every year by deer and grouse hunters.

BYU has a strict NO gun policy on their property and without this provision they could easily ban people from using the trail who carry weapons who have used this trail for many many years.

Also this could/would ban concealed carry permit holders from hiking the trail with their firearm.

Also those of you that like to hike with tobacco or shirtless or carry a beer up the mountain could/would be in violation of BYU's rules and thus kept off the trail that is now the public's.

I do not trust that BYU will "keep things as they are".

Your thoughts.....

Tony Abbott
The next buck to have a fawn will be the
1st.

Are ya kidding me with this softball Ginger???

Turn in all of your Ron Paul stuff immediately!!

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

Wow is this what we elected our congressman for? With all everything going on in our country right now he is worried about the "Y" on the mountain.

Bill guarantees that public access to the "Y" and the Y Mountain Trail be maintained following the sale.

But I am opposed to it.
-Why should BYU get special consideration to buy? Should be sold to the highest bidder if it is up for sale.
-What a waste of time for our congressmen to be working on. GEEZ!

You think this is a shaft job wait till the idiots
that are the Utah State Legislature gets their hands on
the Federal Lands in the State...

2010 TOTALS
P.E.T.A. = 0 HUNTERS GONE
UTAH WILDLIFE BOARD = 13,000 HUNTERS GONE

Access is very different then being able to carry a firearm through it. They can allow access but enforce their "honor code" and policy which is NO WEAPONS ALLOWED on church owned ground. This needs to be addressed if the feds are giving up ground to a private source.

Tony Abbott
1st.

I don't know anything about this issue.

I do know Fishon is wrong about the LDS church not having any guns on their property.

Martin's Cove in Wyoming allows hunting.

Deseret Land and Livestock is owned by the LDS church. Has great hunting and outfitting if you can draw a CWMU tag.

The church also has other ranches that allow hunting.

Just another example of how "Fishon" doesn't have all the facts.

Amazing. Here is a basic case of where hunters should come together and yet we whine with our personal BS.

Fishon isn't my favorite person, but his point is valid. A hunter can currently access the forest from this area. If it is deeded to the school then hunters may lose that access.

Fight amongst yourselves while we all lose. Sad.

I agree 2 point. We should work together. We should protect public access. I admitted I don't know anything about this issue. I stated what I do know. Fishon is wrong about his statement like other things. Fishon is a over all good guy trying to do good things, he is just wrong sometimes, even when he thinks he is right.

I would like to learn more and I'm sure we will.

The trail head is already owned by BYU. This will ensure that the trail stays maintained etc...

But on the other side of it.. yeah waste of time for the congress

You are right, I am wrong in this because I did not state the obvious which is some church property can be hunted on. So I will clarify what I should of befOre..... BYU does not allow firearms on their property and the Lds church does not allow them in church's and temple square etc. Nit pick it but you and I both know what I was referring to. Now that you have so gleefully pointed out my wrong statement please post something else I have said that is not true.

Glad I could make your year
Tony Abbott

1st.

Tony
You are right we need to get a answer about access before they take over mountain, because after the takeover/control the ball is in their court.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Yes this is what congressmen are elected for. They also should be standing up for the UofU when they get shafted out of millions of dollars from the bowl system.

(With all that's going on in our country I can't believe you have nothing better to do than read mm.com. :D )

Chaffetz has done a great job with the "big" issues. I'm sure if you hunters in the Provo area speak up, your concerns will be addressed. There are hunters in all levels of the church.

Two years ago City Creek was almost closed to rifle hunting when Emigration Canyon was changed. A few hunters spoke up and preserved the right. Just call attention to it and you'll be fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom