YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS $&!T UP...

arch3614elk

Yesterday I had the morning and afternoon off, so I decided to go up on the Wasastch front to check up on some elk that I have been seeing over the summer. I get in to the basin and start seeing some elk,a couple bulls and ten cows in the ravine below me. I have some deer feeding on the ridge across from me, so I stay still being quiet. In the distance I see a helicopter, no big deal right thinking it's Air-Med or something. The helicopter starts coming closer and slows down and wouldn't you know it this A-hole comes right in to the basin I am in...This isn't a medical helicopter or even a search and rescue one..They are so low they are eye level with me. The elk and deer bust out everywhere I had a couple cows come within 20 yards of me on a dead run. The helicopter goes to the top of the canyon still very low and comes back down right over me then hovers less than a 100 feet above me. I could plainly see what the pilot and passenger were wearing and the ID number on the helicopter..You bet your ass I called fish & game, while on hold they did it again to the next ridge in front of me and come back. then they follow the highway and leave..this lasted five to ten minutes FINALLY the dispatcher and fish & game officer get my information. UNREAL....

Was it a search looking for a lost hunter ? I just got the tail end of a news story of a lost hunter this weekend and they found him with a helicopter.

I can't imagine anyone being that stupid so hopefully it was search and rescue on a successfull mission. Does anyone take videos of these things? Smartphones can be pretty handy. You can have it on Youtube before the perp gets back to the truck...or airport.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]I hope they nail their nads to the wall this kind of crap needs to stop.

Did you know that now you have the tail number you could do a search for the FAA tail number database and find out who owns the chopper? At least if you find out who it is that owns it you could avoid supporting them.

The Pilots name is PUNK Petersen!

He raises Hell with Big Bulls every year!

He works up North!

When Big Game needs to be Herded He's an Ace!

Here's a Rare Photo with PUNK at work doing what He does best!!

6882copterslam.jpg

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Don't see the tail numbers can't be him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Oh it's him!

His tail numbers are Magnetic & He removes them when he needs too!

BOP are you telling us a story? Naa you'd never do that...

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Hey tailchasers?

Everybody wants Pics right?

What do you want now?:D

I don't know. I always seem to enjoy how you and the rest of the MM degenerates make um up as ya go. Makes for a more entertaining read. :7

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Make um up as we go?

I've got a Pic posted!

It's GOSPEL now!:D

happens all the time in untiah basin its fish game or hiway patrol copter with the fish game to scatter the herds .they say they dont do it . my dads watches elk all summer week or 2 before the elk season they buzz them .callled in 5 years now nothing ever happens so get used to it you cant stop it.

Punk you herd elk one time and now you're a elk herder. I wonder if it was Mothers what they would call ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Well here is the info a the A-holes in the helicopter..I called DWR Tuesday morning to give the GPS of where it happened and haven't been called back..If I don't get a call back by this afternoon I am just going to put the helicopter info on here and see what happens..

I called the officer and left a messege with the coordinates, but I want to get the info out just in case it happens again...The helicopter color was blue with white markings, the ID # was N16069. It said the owner was a corporate company from California. I wish I was kidding about this,hopefully the DWR takes action....keep you updated

Did it look something like this one?

3927copter.jpg

MT F&G does the same thing,last year (on a televised episode of WARDENS) they used a chopper to run a BIG bull elk off a WMA where he had been seen for weeks,God forbid some lowlife hunter should have a chance at a big bull without drawing a LE tag...I think its BS.

I thought maybe this one was going to turn up to be the KSL chopper 5. They've been harrassing game to get filler footage for the news and weather reports the last year or so. Saw them run a decent bull and a group of cows all over the mountain last year on the news.

That's a pretty good find Bbop!!! Would love to hear who they are.

Cheers,
Pete

3 years ago i was in the bookcliffs helping a buddy with a hunt and watched a helicopter fly around for about 2 hours. Caught up with a group of fish and game officers and they told us who it was, not going to name names but i lost all respect for this person, later on the fish and game stopped by our camp and let us know that the same guy and his group were placing up road closed signs to try and keep hunters away from a bull they had spotted and if we run into any of these signs to lay them on the side of the road and report it. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but they have been flying looking for pot farms in Utah. It's been all over the news and they said they have really stepped up there efforts this year. It's harvest time so I wouldn't doubt one bit thats what you seen.

Elkoholic.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom