You know your birds?

nfh

Long Time Member
How well do you know bird nest. Any guesses what built this? Who can guess it right

This is my cheap entertainment at work.

20220503_143619.jpg

Game and fish is going to have rocky mnt power tear it down if there is no eggs. If they have eggs then some bird gaurds will be put up

You didn't mention a general location of the nest? I would agree it likely is an osprey if it's in an area where ospreys are found. Every year we see new nests similar to this on telephone poles by ospreys. The power companies tend to tear the nests down when ospreys first start establishing the nests. Then, often build a platform with bird guards in proximity to where they build the original nest. There are osprey nests scattered pretty much everywhere close to reservoirs here in the north front range in Colo. Osprey and bald eagle numbers have been increasing just about every year in our area. There are videocams on several of these nests for those interested in watching them.

I'm super excited that cheatgrass is getting good exposure but it doesn't look like cheatgrass in the nest to me!

You didn't mention a general location of the nest? I would agree it likely is an osprey if it's in an area where ospreys are found. Every year we see new nests similar to this on telephone poles by ospreys. The power companies tend to tear the nests down when ospreys first start establishing the nests. Then, often build a platform with bird guards in proximity to where they build the original nest. There are osprey nests scattered pretty much everywhere close to reservoirs here in the north front range in Colo. Osprey and bald eagle numbers have been increasing just about every year in our area. There are videocams on several of these nests for those interested in watching them.

I'm super excited that cheatgrass is getting good exposure but it doesn't look like cheatgrass in the nest to me!

They did build it near several ponds we have at work. The pigeons vanished which is great and the ducks are rare to see. No fish live in our ponds at work but the river is a few hundred yards away

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom