Youth Ibex

I hunted it a few years ago with my son when he was 11. He got a 46" billy. I would highly recommend that you guys use walking sticks (good lightweight carbon) with adjustable length. It really helped the kid (and me) get around on the rocks. They make a huge difference. I had never used them before, but a friend of mine who is part mtn goat recommended them. I use them all the time in steep rough country. I'd make sure the kid can shoot off a little bipod sitting down. I use a harris bipod for all my kids. They have shot 2 oryx, 3 antelope, 1 bighorn sheep, and an Ibex, all from the harris bipod. All one shot and no wounded animals. Practice makes perfect.

Ya I have guided several ibex hunters. I took a youth hunter out a couple years ago and he shot a 45" billy. This year I guided a rife hunter and he shot a 47" billy, and we got a 45" on the first archery hunt. I usually use a big yucca stalk as a walking stick, and boy do they help. I will post up pictures of a billy we have been watching for 2 years. He is by far the biggest billy I have been able to find (mid 50's) and he was still alive after this years muzzleloader hunt. The rifle hunter I took out this year missed 5 shots at him!!! I will keep you all updated on the scouting and the hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom